Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome everybody to Victory Forum. Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself.

Name

Age (if you feel comfortable sharing)

# of bikes you have owned

Various Polaris Victory bikes you currently own, or have owned in the past

Your dream bike

Your favorite riding location

We look forward to make this the greatest Victory discussion site online.

·
Registered
2 Posts
imkman

get it I M KMAN

K is for Kris.... i am a big fan of victory but can not say i am an owner just yet, hope to be in the spring... as i am in canada i can not even try them until after the winter...

i am a Ducati rider and i am trying to get into the Chopper/Cuiser riding.

in my garage:
2007 Ducati Monster 695 totally moded, i love customizing my own work and with the sport bikes there is only so much you can do...

2006 Suzuki M109R, big, bad, bold!!! 240mm tire and biggest producation piston... great bike but would like to see a hammer s in its place

just to let you guys know what i will not be or eever will give up the ducati brand but i beleave victory will also have a place in my garage for as many years as the ducati's.

my intrests in victory:
Hammer S
Jackpot
8-Ball

there are no bikes out there with better styling and preformance then Victory!

if it matters i am 20 years old 6'1 and about 160lb to 170lb, if it comes up for riding needs....

and just a question (probable and stupid one) what is victory's stand on sturgis? go or no go?

cheers guys

·
Administrator
552 Posts
Welcome imkman!

That's quite a collection and no, you don't have to "convert" completely. Personally I love Ducati too!

As for Sturgis...I'm not sure TBH. Perhaps one of our other members can chime in on that question...IMHO - it's always a go:).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jackpot Sue, is my name. I have 07 white&blu custom. Jackpot.my 4th bike. 1st Polaris I am 45 yrs young 5"1. I ride in NH..And the back tire fits like a glove..love it..My fiancee has a 06, we are going to Sturgis

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually my user name should be solid209rc I'm still trying to figure out how to change it...LOL my bad....
I purchased my Cory Ness Jackpot in 2006 in Dublin CA. @ Arlens Ness and been ride'n since, I use to ride back in the 70's but when the kids started coming I had to hang it up for awhile now that I'm grown ....lol ... I'm back on the rode again and enjoy'n every minute of it and so is the Mrs. ..Street Vibes, Hollister ....rode and been there done that..would like to make 10th anniversary of Victory:).....Plenty of local rides with good people. Sturgis...Hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello fellow Victory owners!

My name is Chris. Im a new member hear. I have owned 5 street bikes, 4 dirt bikes and 6 snowmobiles. I live aprox 30 miles north west of Toronto Ontario Canada. I spend most of my free time rideing my 2003 V92C Classic cruiser. It is all black with lots of chrome. Its had the stage 1 kit right from when I bought it. Spoke wheels along with the touring kit. Which is nice cause I can take the windshield and bags off as well as the pasenger seat in no time at all for a differn't look. I love rideing this bike cause it rides nice and it hauls ass!! usually out in front on all my H-D riden bro's lol unless they have exstessive engine work done!! lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good evening Vic Riders,I go by Biker Rick,I own an 07 Tribal Jackpot,and an 08 HD FLH,different bikes for different needs,Live in Pa. Also active in the VMC,and ABC, When I aint ridin, I`m writing about it in Long Riders Magazine...see you on the road:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
New to Victory

Joe (alias Siskokid)

home: Billings, Mt.

http://polaris.yellowstonepolaris.com/home_polaris.asp

bikes: Buell Ulysses and getting ready to take possession of an 05 Victory Touring Cruiser.(very nice bike only 2900 miles, trade in). I told the boss I would buy one when I started working. One of the benifits of the job is I get to ride all the demo Victory's whenever and as much as I want to.

rides I like: Beartooth Pass, Chief Joseph Hwy, Yellowstone Park and Burgess Junction, Wyoming

I hope to get more input on the Victory bikes, technical info. such as ,types of oils others are using, tune-up tips for better mpg, etc.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get the bike.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am not a Victory owner yet, have several Harleys and am convinced that competition is a good thing. I am seeking to educate myself about your bikes.
55 yrs. of age
40 yrs. in the saddle, numerous Japanese bikes, Harleys since 85.
Live in rural Missouri
I do most of my own maintenance and repairs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
New to Victory

I'm fairly new to Victory bikes myself. Having owned a Harley, Buell and several rice burners I guess you could say I like them all. I just purchased a 2005 Victory TC (2900 mi.) from the dealership I work at. The bike seems pretty simple to work on and oil changes are a snap to do. One filter, six qts. of oil and your on your way.
I've been watching the number of bikes that come into our service dept. and so far all I'm seeing is things like oil changes, tire changes and FI remaps for pipes. I'm not saying that nothing could possibly go wrong with these bikes, however, I am a firm believer that if you take care of your machine it'll treat you right.
Another thing to consider is that I sell these bikes for a living. I don't think I would be making a good impression if I rode anything other than a Victory. Sisko

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the reply Siskokid. I'm glad to hear that the Victory's are reliable. I see them out on the road more and more. When I was gassing up a while back the guy at the next pump had a black Hammer with Street Sweeper pipes....looked and sounded good! Ride safe and GOD bless. Sincerely: Shovelmike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Evening My name is Doug Oliver. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the little town of Quinnesec. I am 54 going on 25.
I have owned several bikes in the past. A triumph 650 Bonnevlle, a few hondas, a 750 kawasaki, a 1100xs yamaha (3 times), and a 1999 victory V92c. I presently own the yamaha again

I bought a 1999 V92c in 2002. In 2007 I missed a curve and had to start looking for a new ride. I found it this spring. A 2008 Kingpin Touring.

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is a great place to ride. There is a little bit of everything to see. Fall is especially nice when the autumn colors are out.

In 2005 I lost my 5 year old Grandaughter to spinal meninghitis. She was just starting to ride with me and was already a dedicated Victory nut. Angel wings and Her name graced the front fender of my 99 and are now on the windshield of the new bike.

We look forward to make this the greatest Victory discussion site online.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Doug

Thanks Doug. I have read some really good touring articles about your area. I hope to get up there some day.
I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your granddaughter. I can relate to some degree. I have 3 beautiful grandchildren, the eldest is 6. Her name is Sky. She has very bad Cerebral Palsy. She can't walk, talk, or feed herself. What she can do is laugh and smile...and OH what a smile. It is a real miracle from GOD that she is alive today. From time to time she gets dangerously dehydrated and we come close to losing her. Sometimes it seems as if medical personnel regard her as less worth saving because of her handicaps. Just when you think that you have seen so much in life that nothing can get to you circumstances with these little ones can truly bring you to your knees.
Ride safe and GOD bless. Sincerely: Shovelmike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm Peter Boekweg from the Northern part of The Netherlands. I am 45 years old and own a 1991 Norton F1 Sport (rotary engine). It's the street version of the 1992 Isle of Man TT winner. Nice bike to have. Looking for a second bike, which should be a custom cruiser I found the Victory Hammer. What an impressive bike!! Unfortunately Victory Motorcycles are not available here:mad:, but I'm trying to get a Hammer from England end of this year. With some effort I can make it into spring 2009. That Hammer is a true musclebike......

Looking forward to meet other Victory enthusiasts!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Rotorhead

Thanks. That rotary sounds like a very nice bike. Rotarys didn't achieve quite as much popularity on this side of the pond. The only Norton I dealt with was a 850 Commando on which I replaced a head gasket for a co-worker.
Yes, I do believe the Hammer would be a fine addition to your garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I`m Sean in Phoenix Az. 44, I have an 04 Vegas, black with a chrome virus, it keeps popping up all over ! It does go well with black.:D
Been riding about 30 yrs. I have have owned about 7 bikes ranging from the Kaw. H series to hard tail Harley choppers, & a Fatboy.. By far this Victory is my favorite ! The only time I have had it in the shop is for tires, brake pads, oil changes or to add more Leds. It`s an awesome cruiser that is great out on the road or around town.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy

I,m Dave, live n E central FL. Ride 01 delux cruiser. Need tips on removind rear brake calliper (pref. W/O pullin wheel) respond if you can help T/Y

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI All!

My Name is Wayne my bros call be bigfoot because I'm 6'7" and wear a 16 boot. I have had to many bikes to count mostly harleys. Had some finicial trouble and the bikes had to go, I bought a 1980 CB750 this spring just to get back in the wind and recently came across a great deal on a 1999 numbered victory, problem is that it went through a garage fire (thus the great deal). I have it striped to the motor and have been looking for reasonably priced parts to put her back together. hope some of your members can help!
God bless,
Bigfoot

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Wayne:
Yeah, I can see how the Bigfoot name would stick alright, I have a nephew down in South Carolina who is about your size.
I'm glad your finances allowed you to get back to riding. Good for you for finding the deal on the fire damaged Victory. It will be a challenge finding all the bits and pieces to rebuild it but I have a good idea that you are up to the task. This is a great opportunity to create a bike that is uniquely yours. One of the biggest factors will be the wiring system. If you can't find a wiring loom at a fair price you may need to build it yourself. Hopefully you have a good shop manual; study it, take your time, and work it all out. In the end you will have a bike you can be very proud of. Ride safe and GOD bless.
Sincerely: Shovelmike

1 - 20 of 268 Posts