Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking the Victory site for special offers and noticed 2 things.

1) They are now only offering a 2 yr. warranty???? WTF
2) All the rebates are gone.

I find im not in such a hurry to buy at this point.......

Almost seems to me that they have figured out that the few problems encountered have cost them, so lowering the warranty to 2 years might return some of those losses.

They must like storing older models at the dealers and not interested in swaying a potential customer with instant or mail in rebates.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Huh? What are you talking about? Most only offer a 1 year warranty so this is TWICE the size of H-Ds warranty. If you are referencing a "promotion" that was for a limited time, then...well, I guess you missed it but knowing Victory, they will run another promo before too long so you probably won't have to wait long.

'nother thing is that one of the "extended" warranties can be added to ANY bike for about $350 for 5 years of coverage from purchase so the actual value of that recent promotion was only about a $350. Not bad, but not any reason not to buy a bike. Just negotiate it into whatever you are trying to buy and don't worry about the "little stuff"...

Now it's off to the Hot Tub for a soak! cheers

·
Registered
573 Posts
well ok....being fairly new to victory, I thought the 3 years was the norm....my bad
Sometimes it seems that warranties are hard to figure. My BMW was three years,and they really need it. My Japaneses bikes were all one year, and they needed none.

I thought I got two years on my Harley's? However, since the factory never honors anything anyway, I suppose they don't need one either:ltr:

From reading on the forums, the Vic's generally seem bulletproofcheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's all about timing which my past history shows that I don't have. 2 weeks after I bought my wife an 2007 Jeep they came out with a lifetime powertrain warranty. A couple a months after I bough my XR Victory had a limited promotion for a 3 year warranty.

This is something Victory does quite often; short time promotions help bring in buyers - their latest ($500 in free accessories) started on 19 Mar and will end right before Demo Truck season starts.

I don't mind missing out on the 3 year Victory warranty but having to replace the transmission in my wifes Jeep at 36 months / 42000 miles really sucked! If only I had known that waiting 2 weeks would have saved me $3000...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts