Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered if I could, the dam thing is pretty heavy. I was cleaning it in the Garage and I had the kickstand sitting up on a 2X4 and I bumped it a little too hard. I did find that once it stated over I could not hold it. Glad I put the Linby bars on it, and I had just taken the bags off so nothing got damaged.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Needed help from a lady once. Bike was on an incline and the surface was large gravel stones. Shouldn't have ever stopped, but didn't want to piss off the Misses. Ended up rolling her off. :). That would have been a 3 person lift.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
There are some youtubes out there showing one technique of doing a squat facing away from the bike, grabbing and lifting. They show a small woman lifting a full dresser I saw somewhere. It's all about leverage. Lift with the legs and not the back, lift nice and smoothly only up to verticle and get her back down on the kickstand. Glad it wasn't bad.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I hope this never happens to my KP! I almost put it down once in gravel when I couldn't get backed up! If the seat were any taller this bike would be tough to control at it's size.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Key point in video was to have your bike in gear. And always drop on flat level surface! Some cycle shows let you practise picking up a demo bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts