Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at 6:15 pm Mountain, I had a little boo boo.

I hit the ditch with my Highball. I was heading onto an on ramp, leaned into my turn. I felt the bike lean like it's done thousands of times before. Then all of a sudden it stood straight up. I grabbed clutch and brake, but went in. I would like to think that I would've kept it upright but the ass end slid out causing my front tire to grab dirt. I went down hard. Luckily I walked away just being sore. My ego, and bike were not so lucky.

Sorry Travis P! I'm waiting to see what insurance says. I'm thinking its repairable.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts

I hit the ditch with my Highball. I was heading onto an on ramp, leaned into my turn. I felt the bike lean like it's done thousands of times before. Then all of a sudden it stood straight up. I grabbed clutch and brake, but went in. I would like to think that I would've kept it upright but the ass end slid out causing my front tire to grab dirt. I went down hard. Luckily I walked away just being sore. My ego, and bike were not so lucky.

Sorry Travis P! I'm https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MTrKScZqktw/hqdefault.jpgwaiting to see what insurance says. I'm thinking its repairable.
Crap :frown but definitely glad you came out alright. May your bike get repaired fast

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

Sorry Travis P! I'm waiting to see what insurance says. I'm thinking its repairable.
Think of it as collecting great stories to tell your future grandkids.... Don't want them to be bored after all.
Glad that your good. Sorry about the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
That sucks bud!!! I hope your feeling ok. Are you not going to fix it? It doesn't look to bad... No need to say sorry to me I am just glad your ok!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plan is to fix it. Regardless of Insurance. It doesn't look bad in the pictures, but in person you can see all the little things that are busted and bent. Gonna cost probably well over $2000 . If the forks are bent probably more.

Im saying sorry because I know you loved that bike as much as I do. Im not giving up on it though. I have my Yamaha to get going as well, so I won't be out too long.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
sorry mate ... yeahhhhh on bikes it's always worse then it looks, hope your OK and can fix it ...

what is painted on your tank ???

maybe do a bike rebuild thread ?!

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Ouch! That sux! Glad you made out as good as you did. Sux about the bike though. I hope you can get it fixed! What would cause it to act that way??

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Travis texted me last night , and said he cant believe you wrecked his bike ! :grin Glad your OK Brother , you will get the bike patched up . Its really amazing how things can turn for the worst in a split second , lets all be careful out there guys .cheers

·
Registered
427 Posts
There are 2 types of bikers, those that are gonna drop their bikes and those that are gonna drop 'em again! Glad you're OK! Looks fixable to me!

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Any ideas as to why it "stood straight up"?
Did it start to slide the rear tyre then grip and highside?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BP - Are you talking about the lettering? It's a vinyl decal from a local MC shop. It says "Freedom is a Full Tank" I can send you a link if you like.

MBX- There was a piece of laminate flooring on the road. I'm thinking I may have clipped it, I'm not sure. What I am sure of is, I likely could have stopped the bike before it entered the ditch. There was so much crap on the shoulder that I slid right through it. Even once I was in the ditch, if the ass end didn't slide out i think I could've kept it upright.

LilMags- I knew he'd be disappointed. I was going to text him the pictures. I just couldn't do it. I am good, very sore but I'll live to ride again. Hopefully soon!

Once my insurance adjuster calls, I can make a decision.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
" freedom is a full tank "

that's a good one, I like it hope you can fix this cool looking bike ... and keep that decal .... it suits the bike ...
thumbs up

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
12,970 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if insurance totals it. Because they don't want problems later on.

Ask for replace bike or get a new one you'll be way better off. I have dealt with a lot of rebuild crash bikes and they just never seam to come out like the original one.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Depends on insurance company. But somewhere in that 40-60% of book price they total it out. Any frame damage its done. If forks are bent, good chance neck has taken a hit.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Bikes are replaceable, you're not. Glad you're OK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts