Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it was the warm pavement and cold ambient air or just plain luck. Got it to hook tonight and pulled a 1 O' Clock. I've had the tire up plenty of times, but tonight was scary and fun all the same.

She came down nice and light, but my buddy on his Harley, had the fear of God in his eyes. I am guessing when the turbo is on, this will be more common.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm assuming he means he wheelied and got the front tire up to 1:00, not quite vertical but close.
Pretty much.... road her out for about 200 feet and then began letting it down slowly.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Please read what you type.
It doesn't not make any cents :confused:
I agree. And if it doesn't make any cents, it won't make any dollars either! cheers

·
Registered
236 Posts
No pics/vids or it didnt happen....do it again.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No pics/vids or it didnt happen....do it again.
Would a hospital bill suffice? Girl that claimed she was experienced came off the back when I did it again. Smacked her forehead on the street

·
Registered
155 Posts
See it is a lot more believable with a passenger. The problem is it just does not sound as cool.:ltr:
I popped a wheelie at the track once. It scared the hell out me. It came up to about the 4:00 position and i rode it out about 15 feet.:confused:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See it is a lot more believable with a passenger. The problem is it just does not sound as cool.:ltr:
I popped a wheelie at the track once. It scared the hell out me. It came up to about the 4:00 position and i rode it out about 15 feet.:confused:
I have been attempting to get a smooth wheelie. Just wasn't expecting it to come up that high. As I work on it, I will get video.

·
Registered
155 Posts
dont let these guys talk you into killing yourself. i do not feel my skills are on the wheelie lvl yet. i just wished we had paved roads in ms.:( it would be easier for me to practice them.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I'm jealous :( When I was breaking my bike in I romped on her good at the take off. Didn't get the front wheel up high or anything but maybe a few inches. I can't get it to do it anymore. It was bone stock at the time, now I have all the upgrades listed below. Does the little added weight keep me from lifting it just a few inches or was she more powerful before it was broke in?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you take the rear fender off? or did you damage it?
Neither, but I would guess it was getting pretty close. I was playing around this morning but the temps here in Chicago are getting to the point that I'm just spinning even though I am transferring my weight to the back.

I will be taking it to the track on the 6th next month, maybe a little VHT coated track will get it to hook.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont let these guys talk you into killing yourself. i do not feel my skills are on the wheelie lvl yet. i just wished we had paved roads in ms.:( it would be easier for me to practice them.
I've ridden crotch rockets and enduros... both of which could pull a wheelie without blinking. These are trickier, but not impossible.

FWIW though, I tried it on my friend's street glide and wow... the gearing on those touring bikes really make them wheelie monsters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts