Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should have read the damn confirmation email.
Soon to be new Victory owner. Just waiting on lazy dealerships to contact me back with prices.
I have it narrowed down to one of two Cross Countries.
My current bike is...well, feet. I'm deployed at the moment, but will be home soon.
The bike sitting and collecting dust in my garage is a 2004 Yamaha V Star 1100. It has served me well, but I would like a more comfortable ride and updated ride to take longer trips with the wife.
One thing a deployment teaches you is to appreciate the freedom we have to move around and travel in the U.S....

So...Hello.

I am a member of the CVMA Chapter 41-1 in Las Vegas, former pit boss turned outdoor traffic safety engineer and part time manager of outdoor ice skating rink in Las Vegas.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Welcome runner, enjoy your read, you need to do 2 posts to attach a picture of your bike to be .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, I havent decided yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the 2014 I am looking at. Just waiting to see if they come up with the right numbers.

I also have a 2012 that I almost have negotiated to where I want it. Problem is whichever way I go, I'm still gonna have to wait a month till i get home to ride it.

I did however find a buyer for my 2004 Yamaha Vstar 1100 that I'm replacing. She's been good to me, but its time for something better and newer.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you... Here's the other one I am currently looking at.
I started looking at 2015's, but they are just a tad outside of my price range right now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Top bike has a 500.00 back rest on it , better color too IMO . Thank you for your service .cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like it too, but the dealership is being, shall we say, 'lazy'. Of course part of the problem is that I am about 10 time zones hrs ahead of their location in the states. Even still, i expected something from them last night.
I have the price in hand on the top one, a 2012; waiting for the quote on the bottom one, a 2014.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, it appears that I am going to be the owner of the 2012 Sunset Red and Silver XC. The dealer with the Havasu Red 2014 wouldn't get off their ass, and didn't seem to want to sell it either considering it had been listed for over a month. I think they might have it wrong when it comes to attitude. I already worked hard to get my money from someone; if you want my money, you have to work for it. I am not going to go out of my way to give it you.

Finalizing paperwork from overseas is kind of a pain. The Victory dealer I am buying from is even willing to hold onto to it for a few weeks until I get home and can be there for delivery.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sounds great , hope you enjoy it .... More picts and info when you take delivery please .thumb up

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Absolutely will.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Cant go wrong with either option.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts