Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am close to buying a x roads - if the guy gives me a reasonable trade in - I will be riding it home weds or thurs...cheers
I have loved the look of these bikes since day one - then a buddy of mine got a Hammer and damn that thing looks and runs super - I just wanted something bigger for longer hauls and the Vision was a bit big and out there (for me). These x bikes seem to be a good mix of power, classic looks and comfort for open road....
I do have butterflies because of spending the money.........is there anything I should beware of before signing the dotted line?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, be forwarned you will not be able to stay off of it...thats the only problem with my XC, my rear stays attached to it!

·
Registered
782 Posts
No negatives to be aware of unless you consider the following to be negative:

Stares

Questions every time you're next to it

A never ending list of mods to make it more & more unique to you thumb up

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am close to buying a x roads - if the guy gives me a reasonable trade in - I will be riding it home weds or thurs...cheers
I have loved the look of these bikes since day one - then a buddy of mine got a Hammer and damn that thing looks and runs super - I just wanted something bigger for longer hauls and the Vision was a bit big and out there (for me). These x bikes seem to be a good mix of power, classic looks and comfort for open road....
I do have butterflies because of spending the money.........is there anything I should beware of before signing the dotted line?

Thanks in advance
I'm with you Donzo....ready for new bike but these Victory's are new to me. Read everything I could and now exploring this site. Lot of money. I was going to get the new Kawasaki Vaquero until I saw the XCountry. Dealer used one finger to pull the bike from kick stand to upright. Definitely like the low center of gravity and will go for test ride once this *@& rain stops! Would love to hear what everyone thinks of their XCountry's....

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was in your shoes just over four weeks ago. The cost of the bike is what was holding me back. But, money worked out fine. But, I lucked out. Great APR, good deal on the bike...and sold my old bike on my own in four days. Actually buying the XR lowered my monthly payments by $150/mo since I used the money from my old one to pay off other near done payments. Ha ha!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies - I also was looking at the Vaquero and the V rod....the rod was not comfy and I would have to buy bags and windshield to make it fit - the Kawi is nice but I like the look and great motor in the Vic - I will keep you all posted - I have a felling that I am going to pull the trigger as long as the guy is cool with the trade.

Looking forward to being "attached" to my bike like the Cowboy!

·
Registered
336 Posts
2010 tranny is noisy as hell. if you are getting a 2011 you will be quiter - this is the ONLY negiative I have about my bike!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buy the crossroads and never look back. I traded an oil leaking pile of top heavy crap Vulcan Nomad on my xr and found that this bike will take curves at speeds that other bikes only think about.

99 Road king was a bike I have not missed as well. Vulcan only needs to learn bikers like a deep throaty sound when running down the road. But I guess this keeps after market makers in business.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
I'm not only new to Victory, but also new to cruisers. Been a long distance touring bike rider for decades, but my condition required a lower seat height and lower CG if I was to continue riding. The Cross bikes came out at the right moment as there are so many things about cruisers that I don't like and Victory solved all those concerns for me. The handling will amaze you - I have outridden friends on their sport-tourers. Fuel mileage is 50 highway and 35 to 40 in town. Weather protection (with the lower wind deflectors) is excellent. I ride with ear plugs, so my 2010's tranny sounds don't bother me and if you preload the shifter, kluncks turn into clicks. I'm glad I got a 2010 as I like the color and the wider passenger seat. These bikes are so dependable I passed on the extended warranty. Go for it, you won't regret it. Unless you're going to spend money that you don't have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts