Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
09 Hammer and I went down yesterday, biggest problem is my pride....
Took wrong angle in turn and ran out of road, front tire went into soft shoulder and down we went.

All is OK bike can be fixed and swollen knee will pass with more ice.

Most damage is to tank scratched to metal and transmisson shaft shifter broken off.

Don't know what is involved to repair but was able to shift smoothly before fatigued metal broke loose.

Will be bringing bike to dealer to have a look, any thoughts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Took wrong angle in turn and ran out of road, front tire went into soft shoulder and down we went.

Most damage is to tank scratched to metal and transmisson shaft shifter broken off.

Don't know what is involved to repair but was able to shift smoothly before fatigued metal broke loose.

...Glad you are OK...thoughts..? (you asked....LOL....SLOW DOWN....!!!! Bike might be bullet proof but you aren't....wac

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

By "we" do you mean you and the bike or you and a rider? Either way, sounds like the damage is minimal.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you are right speed is always one of the factors, this bike is so light and handles so well the turn supprised me and I froze, will be remembered as speed, angle of approach and inexperience.
thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yes, you are right speed is always one of the factors, this bike is so light and handles so well the turn supprised me and I froze, will be remembered as speed, angle of approach and inexperience.
thanks
Wasn't trying to be a smart-ass...but speed is the number 1 factor in most mishaps that we encounter...With time and experience you will get to be a part of the bike and not feel like you are on top of it....Been there and done that myself (got lucky and stayed upright)again glad you weren't hurt...Bikes can be repaired.....Keep the rubber side down.......cheers

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just me and the bike "thank the lord" can handle what happens to me and the bike if someone innocent gets hurt that changes everything

·
Registered
693 Posts
Glad you came out alive! Odd thing when you run out of road like that is the opposite of most instincts is what you need to do. Don't let off...lean hard until you're scraping and give a bit more throttle! :) Then, less throttle next time you're heading in to a turn. ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hammer
Sorry to hear about your lil accident.
Glad you are ok!!!
Don't worry, you'll be back on the bike in no time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts