Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went down today i was riding into livermore on east bound 580 getting ready to exit a mile up and all of sudden my back wheel just went out from under me ,just like i was on ice found out there was oil all in the lane doing about 65-70 i slid for like a day and a half until i came to a stop .

my gear saved my hide only got a bruised leg and a little burn on my arm from my jacket kinda like carpet burn no road rash , it could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Your a smart one for wearing gear, good for you. Because of the 95-100 degree heat in my area most ride in shorts and a t shirt thats it...glad your ok...btw what about the bike?

i went down today i was riding into livermore on east bound 580 getting ready to exit a mile up and all of sudden my back wheel just went out from under me ,just like i was on ice found out there was oil all in the lane doing about 65-70 i slid for like a day and a half until i came to a stop .

my gear saved my hide only got a bruised leg and a little burn on my arm from my jacket kinda like carpet burn no road rash , it could have been a lot worse.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts

Glad you did okay.thumb up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys the bike is beat up pretty good, arlen ness crew came and got me off the road they have good people over there.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts

Good on you for wearing proper gear! And very glad that you're alright. Take care and I hope that you're back on the road sooner than later.

Miles

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good to here your ok, bikes can always be replaced as easy as a trip to the store. easer if you have good ins,thumb up
thanks , you bet i do would not ride without it, i will say i am a little skittish getting back on a bike that has been wrecked though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts