Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Love my new Magnum! I thought I would miss my Hayabusa but I don't. Well I do miss the power it had. (250hp) After about 3 hours of riding on the Busa I would be hurting but not no more. I bought my Magnum at Daytona BikeWeek in March. So far I have lowered it, got Vance & Hines slip-ons, Rockford Fosgate amp, Alpine SPS 510 speakers, and a Windvest windsheild. My next upgrade will be bars and over the winter I plan on doing the Lloyd'z Motor Workz supercharger. The problems I have had with this bike is 1 when it rains whenever I pull in the clutch my hazards come on and 2 the buffering at 80+mph. I can't even hear my radio at that speed. I am know doing process of elimination with different speakers and windshields. Once I solve these issues I will the happiest guy on a bike.

Old bike

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Welcome to comfort and many miles in the saddle.
The blower sounds like the right mod for a speedfreak, youll be going for cams and an overidden ECM töo I presume?
Hazards sounds like a job for the dealers warranty, I will add that its a good idea to seperate any connections you can access and apply some di-electric grease as the waterproofing on the wiring loom connections can be woeful.
Id also suggest you break in the motor before hotrodding it..
Does the blower come with a clutch upgrade?
I imagine youd need that töo with the RWHP youll have at your disposal:)
I think youre creating everyones dream bike and will be following your progress with much interest.
Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
How tall are you? Does your current windshield have flip on it? The goodies lowers do solve all of your buffeting issues... I personally am not a huge fan of the way they look though . What type of helmet do you wear? I eliminated all my buffeting issues with a windshield, seat mods and the victory fairing winglets. I have also learned your foot position plays a huge roll in buffeting so I added some Kuryakan toe pegs to my crash bar. If you ride at high speeds 70-80mph with your feet flat on the floorboards the buffeting is atrocious. If you take your heels and plant them on the floorboards with toes up and out to the sides it's way better. Play around with your foot positioning and see if you can find your sweet spot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the help. Im 5'10 and just bought a windvest 11" windshield. No helmet. Yeah Im not a big fan of the lowers either but if its going to help with me being able to hear my radio better I may have to get them.As far as the blower kit Im not sure but I think everything you said Motorbikerx is included. I haven't done that much research on yet but its hard to keep up with all my friends who have Tubo Streetglides.

My friend's

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Thanks guys for all the help. Im 5'10 and just bought a windvest 11" windshield. No helmet. Yeah Im not a big fan of the lowers either but if its going to help with me being able to hear my radio better I may have to get them.As far as the blower kit Im not sure but I think everything you said Motorbikerx is included. I haven't done that much research on yet but its hard to keep up with all my friends who have Tubo Streetglides.

My friend's

Does the windvest have a flip? Running a windshield with out a flip is useless in my opinion. The biggest improvement for buffeting/wind noise I did was lower my seat. I had an inch taken out of it by a custom seat lady. It put me down in the bike instead of on it. I am only 5'9" but have longer legs for a shorter guy 31" inseam. The second biggest improvement was foot positioning. I can hear my stereo all the way to 100mph no issues. I have 6.5" Clarion marine speakers and a Clarion amp pushing 55 watts rms at them. Not the crispest sounding system but once you past 55mph it really doesn't matter. I can't stress how important the foot/leg position is for buffeting. The lower fairing winglets/deflectors really help as well. If you don't want to run the fork mounted lowers heed my advice as it's the second best thing.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Oh yeah... If you do Lloydz cams, PCV, proper dyno tune, Lloydz timing wheel, Lloydz air and a quarter turn throttle ring your buddies on the turbo glides won't leave you in the dust any longer. If that's not enough jam then big bore it... There is no replacement for displacement. I am assuming your SG buddies are running 103" or 110" HD motors. If they have turboed 120r or bigger then you will need to step it up as well.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Does the windvest have a flip?
Yes , yes it does . I just mounted the 9" on mine , not only does it function perfectly but it looks kool at its lower profile . I'm 6'2 . I have been running the stock screen all summer , what a difference this screen makes . The one in my picture below is the 11" WV

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the Magnum. That is a huge change in riding styles... except for the speed part stated in your post. hahahaa. I pretty much solved my buffetting issues with the Fork mounted Lowers by Midwest Custom Creations (Goody) and the Gustafsson +2 windshield. Just an FYI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts