Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a vacation day and small trip yesterday to visit Pine Bush New York and Lloydz Motorworks.
Left them my credit card number and got the following.

Air filter
PCV 5 and dyno tune
Timing gear
1/4 turn throttle

Lloyd himself did the tune and it was great chatting with him and watching him work, as a matter of fact the whole crew was great to deal with.
The end result was a a smoother, more responsive, and quicker bike.
Lovin it. Thank-you Lloyd.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Respectable numbers! Hopefully soon I'll be visiting Pine Bush, or KMC in Rhode Island

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
You guys are making me jealous!!! I am normally not a jealous person... However I want cams and a tune so bad but the closet guy who is capable of doing the job is Rylan 1300 miles away.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
You guys are making me jealous!!! I am normally not a jealous person... However I want cams and a tune so bad but the closet guy who is capable of doing the job is Rylan 1300 miles away.
Cam party man cam party.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I'm sure if you don't eat too much one of us CT people will put you for a few nights and you can have your choice of Kyle in RI or Lloydz in NY ...

Nice #'s KOTOR thumb up .....That is almost exactly what mine dyno'd at when Kyle tuned mine a few weeks ago. Can I ask what exhaust you're running?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Travis , stop by my house first and I will ride the last 140 miles with you ...:ltr:cheers

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Don't be a puss

:ltr:

Lol... I would love nothing more than to jump on my bike and ride out there right fuckin now! However I was just in Arizona for 3 weeks and have 2 more week long vacations planned this summer... I think my boss would turf me if I disappeared to the east coast for 10 days. If only one of my good customers wanted to ride that way.... Hmmm.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PaIN,

I am running a stock exhaust that was modified by a dealer in Vermont.
It's either de-cored or drilled, not exactly sure what was done. Either way it made the bike sound much better and at the time that was the intention. Did that last summer. So before the Lloydz upgrades that was the only thing done to the bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I'm very curious what a PCV/tune will do with an XCT with unaltered mufflers but no cats. I know someone had one done, but I forgot who/when, etc.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I'm very curious what a PCV/tune will do with an XCT with unaltered mufflers but no cats. I know someone had one done, but I forgot who/when, etc.
or....you could just find out for yourself ;) I'll even make the ride to KMC with you and buy you seafood in RI cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I just need the monies. And, I don't like seafood. Make it sausage burgers and you got a deal :)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Funny; that's my reaction when I think about seafood! :puke:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Lemmesee....Rylan is the nearest tuner to me and it's about 1800 miles from Portland to Adel, Iowa. If I can gather up another left coast Vic rider who can spare a couple weeks......

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know it sucks being on the west coast when all the good tuners are at least 1600 miles east. I want cams installed too, but that's a trek.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ya know, with props to the guys that have earned the respect of the denizens of these boards, they are not alone in their ability to juggle cams and strap a bike down on rollers. They themselves may know of fellas that can get the job done nearer to you. Worth a phone call to at least discuss your options.

or

If you have your heart set on one of the big three getting all up in your ride then freight the bike part or all the way to them. It's an added expense but as far as fretting about my bike goes, I am of the mind that doing a thing that takes away the worry of not doing it is money well spent.

or

Dust off the tools and apply the intellect that you applied to succeed in life to the point where the big concerns are getting numbers. Granted, rollers in the garage is a bridge too far for most of us not named Leno, but with a little bit of help from the pros, the install is not rocket scientry and a good tune can be delivered by a good tuner. Guaranteed there's a tuner less than 2000 miles from anybody with a mail box.

When you peel away the electronics that these and just about all modern machines are littered with then the Vic mill is fairly straightforward. It is the same mill in thousands of bikes, in multiple models spanning many years. Everything that can be done right and wrong has been done over and over and if you or some other shadetree wrench fugg it all up, there is nothing you can do that can't be undone.

Of course, like Callahan said... a man's got to know his limitations.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
I hear ya Pop. You are amazingly coherent even at 5:30am. Being pretty good at wrench spinning, I have no apprehensions about installing cams. I'm not interested so much in the cams as I am in getting the AFR right. I have the VFCIII and the best I can do is shoot for the best seat-of-the-pants and the least popping.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts