Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They sell all makes. Saw the vics loved them. Ness awesome 15 anniversary gorgeous. But yamaha had their custom line goregous bikes

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
690 Posts
I totally agree on both points. Vic has some fantastic bikes out, and so does Star (Yamaha). The Raider has had my attention since it's inception. I've come very close to buying one three times now. Each time I've opted for the American bike. Harley twice, now Victory.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Yamaha is probably the best of the Jap bikes. They all seem to have great fit and finish and good styling to go along with it.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
The Raider has had my attention since it's inception. I've come very close to buying one three times now. Each time I've opted for the American bike. Harley twice, now Victory.
The best Harley I ever rode was a Yamaha... and the best sounding Harley I ever heard was a Kawasaki.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Yamaha is probably the best of the Jap bikes. They all seem to have great fit and finish and good styling to go along with it.
Traded my Yami Warrior on the Vic because it vibrated enough on my 80 mph commute that it put my hands to sleep. Other than it having too small a tank and requiring me to do several things on it to make it comfortable enough to be useful, it was a decent enough bike.

My wife compared riding it after riding the FJR to getting off the roller coaster and riding the model A cars at the amusement park. It really sounded agricultural with an aftermarket pipe.

It also had less ground clearance than the Vic and didn't handle as well. It did have far better brakes though.

The Raider had even less clearance than the Warrior, but it had long peg feelers that could be removed or ground down over time. The Raider's engine felt strong and sounded way better stock than the "blap blap blap" noise mine made. The Raider also seemed reasonably comfy in stock form, where the Warrior was an absolute nightmare.

In any event, the Vic is a better bike than either IMHO.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The best Harley I ever rode was a Yamaha... and the best sounding Harley I ever heard was a Kawasaki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdNtNbbbqWk
I demo'd a Mean Streak once and I thought it had that Harley cadence too. Damn thing scared me half to death on the Knoxville freeways though. It didn't have enough power to get out of it's own way.

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Mean Streak or Triumph twin

When I was looking a few years back I really considered the Kawasaki Mean Streak and then I looked at performance specs. With the research I found out I could buy the Mean Streak V-twin(1600cc?) or the Triumph Speed Master (865cc) and get better performance stock compared to stock. I also checked into the insurance cost, the Triumph won out. Had that 2006 Triumph Speedmaster for six years and 74K miles, great bike. I took one to many demo rides. Do like my Victory,but I do miss the little Triumph also,could not afford both. I did do quite a few mods to the Triumph and if I kept it, it would have cost me much more to make the engine even bigger for more power. Insurance was about 1/2 the cost of the Victory,but the engine was 1/2 the size also. The other big plus to the XRs is the wife likes it, she did not like the old Triumph.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Never used my VStar warranty in the 5 years I had it and got most of the warranty cost back. Can't say the same for my XC.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I loved my royal star, i made her comfortable and friggin shiny I loved the rarity of the 4 piper. People saying nice Harley, im like look again radiator and 4 pipes lol. But I grew bored and wanted new and more power. I do wish I kept her thou

·
Registered
418 Posts
I traded my Mean Streak (1500) in on my XCT. The Meanie had the big three done to it and an agressive tune, made a huge difference, wish it had a 6th gear though. My brother rides a Star and they have much better paint, IMO, a better mix of size and style as well.

But I'm all smiles on my Victory!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts