Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just returned from a great couple of days riding it's east side and a little of western Virginia. Only saw a couple of Victorys beside my own. One was a fellow on a White XCT tooling around Charleston and the other was a guy on yellow 96. He was riding with his father who was piloting a Yami Venture. They were from Pennsylvania. He picked the proper color:

He said the only problem he had with it was that at 28k miles the counter shaft stripped. $300 later he was back in business.

For those who haven't had the opportunity to ride out there, there is a lot of this:

and this:

and these:

And if you come up the mountain at dusk, you may have to swerve to avoid a few of these animals too:

This was the first time I've had the bike out on really good roads with the Mrs and it cut through them like warm butter.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Great pictures...but your subject line (Title) had me worried (or excited)....thought I was gonna see some female body parts at first. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Very nice photos of the West Virginia countryside. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the best states to ride in! Love it down there! Nice pics!
I've been going there rafting and riding for a long time now. Here are some other interesting pics of things in the area.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And more:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And more:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was born and raised in WV, but move to NC back in 89. My wife and I love to ride up there. Was the train pic taken at Cass?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was born and raised in WV, but move to NC back in 89. My wife and I love to ride up there. Was the train pic taken at Cass?
Yup.

We went by there this trip last Saturday about 8 am and there wasn't a soul around. I hope they didn't go out of business.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool I got me a new destination. I have never seen that one.
It's further south than I remembered. It's past Hot Springs. If you set your GPS for SR640 and 220 you'll get there. SR640 is aka "Falls Rd" if you Google it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Beckley to Marion on HWY 16 is one of the best twisty routes of all times... beats the Tail of The Dragon by a long shot... unless you're into the biker carnival scene instead of the riding scene.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beckley to Marion on HWY 16 is one of the best twisty routes of all times... beats the Tail of The Dragon by a long shot... unless you're into the biker carnival scene instead of the riding scene.
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to be in Marietta weekend after next and had planned to run the west side of West Vaginny. I now have a nice route.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah that is a good one, but I really love 421 between Bristol and Moutain City Tn. Known as the snake!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts