Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a dyno center that will tune Victories in Alberta or Saskatchewan?
Long story short, I went on the power commander website and they have posted a certified shop that is only 70 miles from my place. So I phone the guy to book an appointment. I get a response of "I only tune Harleys, I don't touch those bikes". Hmmm, all righty then...... so the next one I called (150 miles away) said he would tune my bike, and the price starts at 500 bucks...... STARTS at 500 bucks? Three other places I called gave me pretty much the same answers. I'm running out of options. I'm to the point where I'm ready to call up dynojet and order my own.
:(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A happy update.
Well I found a guy to tune my bike. He is at the local HD dealership here. They do not advertise tuning because he owns the machine and he only tunes the bikes he wants to.
He had never tuned a Vic engine before even though he has actually worked at Dynojet research center in Vegas for years, set up many of Arlen Ness' bikes, and has been tuning for 35 years. Long story short, he loves these engines. "They are so mild mannered you can tune them anyway you want."
I don't have a print out of the final run, but needless to say, with just an intake and pipes, this thing pulls and pulls hard!! It caught me off guard the first time and I ended up sitting on my passenger seat when I hammered on it.
I am finally a happy camper
cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm interested in the info too

Can you disclose the guy and what dealership? I have an 07 Jackpot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
That sounds awesome. I wonder if he would want to tune more. Did you talk to the guy in Red Deer? I was going to drive down there this spring and get mine tuned.

What was the place that did yours?cheers

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you disclose the guy and what dealership? I have an 07 Jackpot.

Thanks!
Well, unfortunately a year later when I was going to put cams in, I stopped into the HD dealer here to schedule another tune, but it turned out that they got rid of the dyno (due to space constraints they said) and the guy no longer worked there. Where he went, I'm not sure. I had purchased an autotune so I never required another dyno tune so my search has stopped for a good dyno place.
Sorry

·
Registered
482 Posts
Found a guy in Sherwood Park, AB. Reasonably priced. Familiar with the PCV (since he sells and installs them) and has a Dynojet. The guy at Riverside in St. Albert, AB (Victory Dealer) recommended him to me for my Hammer 8 Ball.

Going to try him out in the coming weeks. His dyno is indoors.

When I spoke with him he sounded very knowledgeable but I am not sure if he has tuned Victory's before. From the guy at Riverside, it sounds as though he has.

The guy I spoke to is named Rob Zeilinski. I probably spelled his last name wrong. Accurate Dyno Tuning is the company name. When I did my own online search on other forums regarding them, almost all people only had great things to say. When I get the tune done I will come back and update.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was looking at the Sherwood Pk guys. I called After Dark and he said he has tuned some Vic's before. Wanna let me know how it goes? How much /hr is it to tune?cheers

·
Registered
482 Posts
I was looking at the Sherwood Pk guys. I called After Dark and he said he has tuned some Vic's before. Wanna let me know how it goes? How much /hr is it to tune?cheers
His prices are on the website. I will let you know.

Did you install all your mods yourself or did you have a shop do it ? Is your bike tuned or just auto tuned/map from PCV website?

·
Registered
26 Posts
His prices are on the website. I will let you know.

Did you install all your mods yourself or did you have a shop do it ? Is your bike tuned or just auto tuned/map from PCV website?
I did all the mods myself. I got a map from lloydz that runs okay but he said to dyno it and it will fly. So that's what I plan to do!!cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts