Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to clean my TB today and found a couple issues that I wanted to run by everyone.
1. When I pulled the lid from the throttle body side of the airbox I noticed there was a wet spot inside. When I open the butterflys it appears the runners are wet inside from the throttle body down as far as I can see. Should I be concerned or is this normal?

2. My throttle cable seems to be a push pull setup and one side has a ton of slack until I open the throttle over 3/4.

Pics included

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
The wet spot is from the crank case breather hose. Cap the nipple and add a separate breather to the hose to keep the vapor from entering the throttle body. Clean it up good and get it running, set the idle speed (small screw with the spring on it) and then set the cable free play. It looks like it is threaded in quite a bit. Common to turn it in as the TB gets dirty to maintain idle speed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No, it's done at the grip, so you are good.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I got everything back together. Does the tank need to be removed to set the free play?
You can do it from the hand trottle and from the trottle body , you can reach everything at the cheese wedge only, no need to remove the tank

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts