Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm naive I guess! I don't understand why grown men can't just meet for a bite and some ale, get on their little bikes, and ride.

You have several hundred men from different groups getting together to discuss TURF!

Fight breaks out while they're in the ladys room, people get killed and many are injured.

What happened to the saying that Life is too Short?

So, do I need to get netflix and get caught up on SOA?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
While I agree with you. Many people do not just sit and type about how much they are in to something. And even though I don't agree with the life style. Some times it good to see someone standing up for what they believe in. I know I am not expressing my feelings very good at all. I know there was nothing right about what happened. But I wish more people would take a stand in something they believe in. Of course not to this extreme. It just seems the people of this country have forgotten to stand for anything. Please take no offense .

·
Registered
483 Posts
While I agree with you. Many people do not just sit and type about how much they are in to something. And even though I don't agree with the life style. Some times it good to see someone standing up for what they believe in. I know I am not expressing my feelings very good at all. I know there was nothing right about what happened. But I wish more people would take a stand in something they believe in. Of course not to this extreme. It just seems the people of this country have forgotten to stand for anything. Please take no offense .

While I think I understand what you are saying....what exactly is turf ? and exactly who owns it ? As I see it the turf is where one or the other group practice criminal activity, and as such all should be arrested. and the turf as in property belongs to the tax-payers or private owners.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Oh, so this was about "turf"? :rolleyes: ...Well.. Okay then.. ****-'em all.. It's My Turf.. MINE.. All of it.. thumb up

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many people do not just sit and type about how much they are in to something.
I'm not offended!

There are 9 guys this morning that would have wished they'd stayed home and typed how they feel. How many more of their loved ones are feeling the same way?

The saying goes that the pen is mightier than the sword. When you are dead, you don't get a second chance. Everything that you were and and everything that you could have been are ended.

I understand death. I even understand violence. But, taking a stand for something does not always mean that both have to happen.

I consider being violent as in this example, is a severe instance of ignorance to the consequences of wrong actions. The consequences will be felt by many forever.

My absence from the lives of my friends and family would be indescribable. I feel the same way about them.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm naive I guess! I don't understand why grown men can't just meet for a bite and some ale, get on their little bikes, and ride.

You have several hundred men from different groups getting together to discuss TURF!

Fight breaks out while they're in the ladys room, people get killed and many are injured.

What happened to the saying that Life is too Short?

So, do I need to get netflix and get caught up on SOA?

IMHO SOA was the absolute worst program ever broadcast on TV.

It sure as hell didn't do Us any favors in terms of perception by the non-riding public. Now many of them expect us to behave just like these idiots in Texas.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm not offended!

There are 9 guys this morning that would have wished they'd stayed home and typed how they feel. How many more of their loved ones are feeling the same way?

The saying goes that the pen is mightier than the sword. When you are dead, you don't get a second chance. Everything that you were and and everything that you could have been are ended.

I understand death. I even understand violence. But, taking a stand for something does not always mean that both have to happen.

I consider being violent as in this example, is a severe instance of ignorance to the consequences of wrong actions. The consequences will be felt by many forever.

My absence from the lives of my friends and family would be indescribable. I feel the same way about them.

Especially when that "stand" has nothing to do with rationality..

fkin' "Turf".. ??? ..It isn't theirs!!! ..What? they were planning to hold bake sales and raffle stuffies on Main Street? No.. The only reason this escalated to violence was because there was either serious money involved or pure stupidity, in any event.. It's Not their "turf" to fight over..

They have no more rights to these places than do you or I, so who the **** do these people think they are?

And they wanted this turf ?? for??

That's right, and that's why the world is better off without assholes like this.. No matter what cool factor is attributed to standing up for what they believe in.. Killing each other over something that isn't theirs, something they were taking, something that they have no right to "take" in the first place??

Good frikkin' riddance.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
They should be arrested. And severe punishment. I think we should hire Mexico to house some of our prisoners. Then maybe it would be more like prison and save the tax paying public $$$$$$. Enough said before I get myself in trouble. Have a good day.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Their mothers didn't teach them to "use their words." This was a job for the Anger Management Squad. They are never there when you need them, it seems.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Their mothers didn't teach them to "use their words." This was a job for the Anger Management Squad. They are never there when you need them, it seems.
Yep! Actions speak louder, huh?

I finally woke up and realized how much America is hated by the world on 9/11.

I am so distraught and disappointed that human beings have so little respect for life. Their agendas take priority over all else!

Grown men wearing their signs and badges. Itching to belong at any price. What satisfaction is gained with your finger on a trigger or knife ready to be pulled?

Go fishing. Go see a sick kid in the hospital. Go to Haiti or Nepal. Go talk to your neighbor... see if they need a hand. Have coffee with a few friends.

My brother is retired and so he eats lunch at 11 every day with his buddies. Great!

I just don't get it!

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
It's a lifestyle thing. I doubt many who frequent this forum would 'get it'. They fight for the right to make drug money in a given area. Turf. It's their entire world. It seems petty to most of us because it is petty in our world. To them; it isn't petty at all.

I'm glad no innocents were hurt in this. They should have set the meeting somewhere away from the general public.

This link will help to explain how heavy that world is.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/waco-texas-twin-peaks-restaurant-biker-motorcycle-gang-shooting-shootout-victims-dead-killed-gunmen-rival-gangs-photos-video/

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get it now! I was leisurely reading during lunch and came across something that hit me between the eyes.

"...each person's pride is in competition with everyone else's pride"

"Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man..."

They don't settle with being rich, intelligent, strong, and so on. They want to be richer, smarter, and stronger than the next guy.

The author was C. S. Lewis.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yep, plenty of opinions.
I don't believe I know any of the living or knew any of the dead but I expect that not one of them gives a goddam what anybody posting to a motorcycle forum thinks, and that of course includes what Pop thinks.

Some folks are just hellbent to go down hard. Don't make their last breath any better or worse than somebody that lives a quiet life and dies in they sleep.

Dead is dead.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
13,185 Posts
these guys a badass. When there were cops present it didn't bother them to pull out there guns and start shooting.
If your a 1%er you die for your club

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But what amazes me no innocent people were killed or injured!!'
I kept hearing this! I'm thinking someone surely was in the wrong place at the wrong time. There may even have been some trying to diffuse the situation... they are either dead or injured. They are the innocent that we won't hear about.

One policeman commented how bad the scene looked. It got way out of hand!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
"Its a terrible thing killing a man , you take away all he's got , and all he's ever gonna have " ... Clint Eastwood , The Unforgiven .

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
"Its a terrible thing killing a man , you take away all he's got , and all he's ever gonna have " ... Clint Eastwood , The Unforgiven .
"It's a hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have." Bill Munny

I stopped all my gun fightn after that line... in retirement! At least until a Little Bill comes along. And don't let none of my friends die in your bar.

:D

Thank God for Clint and Andy Griffith! Oh! And little joe and ben and hoss and matt and roy and lucas and even caine...

I am who I am because of all those old shows. :D

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I'm here to kill you little Bill , for what you done to Ned .... Anybody don't want to get killed , better clear on out the back ....:ltr:

1 - 20 of 161 Posts