Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being pretty new to motorcycles, I thought my XR fit me pretty good, but decided to install the XC mitered bars, and what a difference. Best mod I have done, really makes my new Mustang seat that much better!! I think it makes the tri ovals even sound better:ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Very nice, congratulations.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are made by Victory, part #2877752.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mitered Bars

Very nice looking. Do they give you any better reach or pullback? I was considering XC bars on my XR, for extra pullback. Also, did you have to buy any extra components, or did everything just come off the old bars & onto the new? I know with my 2010 XR I would have to buy a new brake line.
Thanks for any info you can share, and safe riding.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scooter, i think these give me 3 inches of pullback, according to another member that installed them. I did not need to purchase anything else, except new zip ties. To get all the lines to wok, just cut all the zip ties and took off the headlight bezel and got the slack I needed, then just reassembled and tied the lines. Pretty easy job really.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The bars look great and I bet they make the bike faster too.

How do you like the Mustang seat compared to the stock seat?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The bars look great and I bet they make the bike faster too.

How do you like the Mustang seat compared to the stock seat?
I like it much betterthumb upthumb upthumb up
You really sit down in the seat much more, i notice its a little harder for me to flat foot the bike now, i still can but the wider seat is noticeable.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like it much betterthumb upthumb upthumb up
You really sit down in the seat much more, i notice its a little harder for me to flat foot the bike now, i still can but the wider seat is noticeable.
Thanks for the update on the seat. Does the seat push you back farther than stock? If you have any pics with the new seat on I'd be grateful if you can post them on this thread or a new thread about the seat. I'm on the fence about getting the new Mustang seat and haven't seen any pics of it on a Cross Roads yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill try and get some pics up. I ordered the seat mostly because to get both backrests like i wanted was gonna cost almost as much as getting a new mustang seat with both backrests. The part number is 79567, and thru ebay got it and the additional backrest for the passenger for less than 800.
The backrest is fully adjustable up and down and can be adjusted by a set screw to push you forward or lay back more. I did 1100 mile trip this week with it, with no windshield, and the backrest was invaluable, as most of the trip was on the interstate at 80mph plus...cant wait to do it again with the new bars now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Snapped a few quick pics....

Showing the set screw to adjust backrest...

One with both backrests installed...they are interchangeable if you only need one..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Scooter I believe that because the 2012 and newer X bikes have ABS, those bikes do not need any type of re routing of cables or brake line extensions needed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts