Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
13,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is thinking about becoming a victory dealer don't do it you don't make any money selling the bikes the bikes are turds and you go bro before it's all over with GE jams you for payments that you have no idea where the moneys goes, save your money sell used bikes

I never said don't buy a victory , I said don't try to sell them and think your going to make money
, I lost a hundred grand becoming a victory dealer ,
They give you bikes you didn't order and never do anything they say
yhrtr going to

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
If anyone is thinking about becoming a victory dealer don't do it you don't make any money selling the bikes the bikes are turds and you go bro before it's all over with GE jams you for payments that you have no idea where the moneys goes, save your money sell used bikes

I never said don't buy a victory , I said don't try to sell them and think your going to make money
, I lost a hundred grand becoming a victory dealer ,
They give you bikes you didn't order and never do anything they say
yhrtr going to
Sounds like 3rd party heresay (sour grapes) so not certain I'd give it any merit unless... you are saying that YOU are THIS disgruntled dealer.

Victory bikes simply don't break so unless the dealerships make money selling them, there won't be a lot of follow up revenues from services. If what you are saying is accurate, there would not be all the very successful dealerships all around the country and nobody would have held onto their dealerships over the past 15 years. So, I think that this may simply come down to someone who was not a very good business person being unable to properly managed their business or perhaps they were/are in a poor location?

·
13,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never have seen a solo Vic dealer they all sell other model bikes.

Harley is the only company that seel just there model bike.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Sounds like 3rd party heresay (sour grapes) so not certain I'd give it any merit unless... you are saying that YOU are THIS disgruntled dealer.

Victory bikes simply don't break so unless the dealerships make money selling them, there won't be a lot of follow up revenues from services. If what you are saying is accurate, there would not be all the very successful dealerships all around the country and nobody would have held onto their dealerships over the past 15 years. So, I think that this may simply come down to someone who was not a very good business person being unable to properly managed their business or perhaps they were/are in a poor location?
Vic used to be disliked by several dealers in my area. One dealer went out of business another dropped the brand from their dealership and the other's mother ripped the mother corporation up one side and down the other on a visit.

It's been a while ago and now that their sales have improved with the advent of the touring line, maybe relations have improved. But as I recall the stories, Vic used to make the dealers buy some minimum inventory and they were stuck with them regardless of whether or not they could sell them for more than they paid for them.

Given the year end factory discounts, I get the impression that that's probably not an issue anymore, but I don't know that for sure.

I do know Vic trade in values are a joke and the dealers will freely tell you that with all the discounting they have to do to move the new ones, they can't very well pay much for a used one.

·
Registered
679 Posts

The dealer I purchased my Vic from only sells Vic bikes and other polaris products. Tri-City in Centerville UT. They are very successful with just the Vics. Now if you check their website you can say you have seen one:)

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Never have seen a solo Vic dealer they all sell other model bikes
I'm pretty sure there's a long list of things you haven't seen... and I think you mean other BRANDS not other models. Victory is a brand, the Vegas is a model from that brand.

Local dealer is Vic only... BUT... they were a successful independent shop before they sold Vics. They built choppers, worked on HD's mostly, but other brands too. The sale of Victory motorcycles would never pay the bills. Service, repairs, customizing, parts, and catalog sales is what keeps them in business.

The owner told me, "If you want to have a million dollar motorcycle business, start with two million dollars".

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

That is simply nonsense talking there. Coastal Victory in Murrells Inlet, SC sells...only Victory and Indian and seem to do VERY well with it just this year expanding their business to (now) include their HOTVIC website and all those goodies as well. You will not find ANY other bikes there unless they were taking in on trade for a Polaris product. Come to think of it, they don't even sell any of the other Polaris vehicles (no 4x4s or any side by sides). They are a GREAT group of guys and simply must just be THAT GOOD!

Here is a link to their site...
http://www.coastalvictory.com/

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a long list of things you haven't seen... and I think you mean other BRANDS not other models. Victory is a brand, the Vegas is a model from that brand.

Local dealer is Vic only... BUT... they were a successful independent shop before they sold Vics. They built choppers, worked on HD's mostly, but other brands too. The sale of Victory motorcycles would never pay the bills. Service, repairs, customising, parts, and catalog sales is what keeps them in business.

The owner told me, "If you want to have a million dollar motorcycle business, start with two million dollars".
My brother's shop (GCMC) only sells Victory Motorcycles. He is a very successful independent shop that is known for building reliable HD motors. Victory asked him if he wanted to become a dealer.
He is also a Polaris Snowmobile dealership. Still building HD's to pay the bills. Building Vic's and Polaris Snowmobiles too. It's terrible having a quality shop only a mile from my house. The family discount is a pretty good benefit too.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
So it's "Victory" that's the curse... not Yamaha, or BMW, or Harley Davidson, it's Victory. Doubt it, but then I didn't get the inside scoop from 'some dealer' to set me straight.

If Victory has a rep for not being a good business partner to its dealers then the company deserves to loose dealers, and market share... somebody here probably has some stats regarding how Victory is doing financially, that should tell the story.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
So it's "Victory" that's the curse... not Yamaha, or BMW, or Harley Davidson, it's Victory. Doubt it, but then I didn't get the inside scoop from 'some dealer' to set me straight.

If Victory has a rep for not being a good business partner to its dealers then the company deserves to loose dealers, and market share... somebody here probably has some stats regarding how Victory is doing financially, that should tell the story.
LOL - Why does it not surprise me that you would JUMP to conclusions based solely on a single person posting a "rumor". You do post with a bias as if they are loosing dealers.. not true.... as if they are loosing money...also NOT TRUE so if one were to dissect your points, it could ONLY lead one to recognize that since Victory is not loosing dealers and they are making money then therefore, they are a very successful business partner and deserves to gain market share but then again, the OP didn't post anything about these issues. If so, I agree with you, for the majority of their dealers, it's a great company.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Visionjohnny is correct on a lot of what he said, I looked into a Victory stand alone dealership and was told from Victory that selling bikes you will make some money, parts and accessories you will also make some money, but the service dept will not make money as the bikes do not have a huge failure rate. The consumer will come in to the shop while the bike has warranty but when it's over a large percentage do not come back. That's why places that sell Victory motorcycles also sell many other brands.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
LOL - Why does it not surprise me that you would JUMP to conclusions based solely on a single person posting a "rumor". You do post with a bias as if they are loosing dealers.. not true.... as if they are loosing money...also NOT TRUE so if one were to dissect your points, it could ONLY lead one to recognize that since Victory is not loosing dealers and they are making money then therefore, they are a very successful business partner and deserves to gain market share but then again, the OP didn't post anything about these issues. If so, I agree with you, for the majority of their dealers, it's a great company.
Are you a good reader? I'm not jumping to anything, my post is a doubtful one as to the poster's point.

·
Premium Member
13,709 Posts
And now for a quick commercial break...

Guys! Guys! The word is spelled 'losing' not 'loosing'. 'Loosing' is not a word in the English language. If it was it would sound like 'loose' with an 'ing' on the end.

Thank you for staying with us and now back to our presentation...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
And now for a quick commercial break...

Guys! Guys! The word is spelled 'losing' not 'loosing'. 'Loosing' is not a word in the English language. If it was it would sound like 'loose' with an 'ing' on the end.

Thank you for staying with us and now back to our presentation...
The way people turn nouns into verbs these days because they are unaware a perfectly good verb exists, will probably lead to an entry in the Oxford dictionary for "loosing" along with gems like "sourcing," “actioning,” and of course "verbing."

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Am I the only one here that doesn't understand a thing VJ says ?:confused:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sometimes attention to spelling isn't as important in the "how" as in the "where".

Fortunately for this young lady she still has options to mediate her permanent reminder of a temporary lapse of judgement. The efficacious application of silicone would not only increase her ability to fill out a sweater. It would also hide the less than stellar orthographic skills of the inker.

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts

There's a Harley dealer near me, they sell bmw and there's another upstate ny also sells Honda.really depends if they want to put all their eggs in one basket.

As far as far victory as a company,I don't care for them. As a bike it's ok, would take a Yamaha over a victory, but the styling of the pin won me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Am I the only one here that doesn't understand a thing VJ says ?:confused:
Think of it like a word game in the Sunday paper. There are nuggets of wisdom in these posts. You just have to work the puzzle until it becomes clear.

If Pat Sajak rode a Victory then not only could we get tech tips, we could win valuable cash and prizes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts