Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I agree. However, the way they price stuff they would be over $1,000. I am leaving my bike with Cee Baileys for them to design something. I am sure Polaris could do a better job, but....$$$$$:(

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Adjustable height passenger pegs/floorboards. Victory did an awesome job making the Cross bikes comfortable for the drivers but after building a nice seat for the passengers they stopped. Passengers with average length legs are good but long/short legged passengers have to suffer.

You can't have everything though!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Adjustable height passenger pegs/floorboards. Victory did an awesome job making the Cross bikes comfortable for the drivers but after building a nice seat for the passengers they stopped. Passengers with average length legs are good but long/short legged passengers have to suffer.

You can't have everything though!
My SO is 4'11", and has relatively short legs for her height (maybe an 18" inseam):ltr:. I just asked her and she said she has no issue with the XC. Not disagreeing with you though, if you know someone with an issue.

·
Registered
679 Posts
my number one request would be hard lowers. I know they make soft lowers but would really like to see some hard ones made.
Hard lowers would be the thing I would like also. I do wish they would look into pricing on the accessories that they do offer. $400.00 for a XM factory radio seems to be a little over the top.:(

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I wish they would stop making accessories all together. :) Victory makes great bikes, and overpriced accessories. Luckily, I don't mind buying after market goodies for my ride.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My SO is 4'11", and has relatively short legs for her height (maybe an 18" inseam):ltr:. I just asked her and she said she has no issue with the XC. Not disagreeing with you though, if you know someone with an issue.
I agree. My wife is 4'9 and she loves the XC. We test drove many bikes and nothing fit her as good as the XC.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
I agree. My wife is 4'9 and she loves the XC. We test drove many bikes and nothing fit her as good as the XC.
My wife is 5'-6" and has legs that go down to the ground. I had to purchase a passenger peg lowering kit made by Kuryakyn. Victory definitely needs to address passenger comfort if they want to call the Cross bikes "touring cruisers." I for one, bought my XR to do 2 up touring as well as other types of riding.

While I'm at it, what's with those dorky 1940s style road lights Vic offers for the Cross bikes? They worked very hard to come up with a successful art deco, yet modern appearance and blew it with those lights. Why not something that blends with the headlight? Why don't they sell the support bracket for those lights separately, so we can select our own lights? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife is 5'-6" and has legs that go down to the ground. I had to purchase a passenger peg lowering kit made by Kuryakyn. Victory definitely needs to address passenger comfort if they want to call the Cross bikes "touring cruisers." I for one, bought my XR to do 2 up touring as well as other types of riding.

While I'm at it, what's with those dorky 1940s style road lights Vic offers for the Cross bikes? They worked very hard to come up with a successful art deco, yet modern appearance and blew it with those lights. Why not something that blends with the headlight? Why don't they sell the support bracket for those lights separately, so we can select our own lights? Inquiring minds want to know.
As far as passengers go, the cross bikes def seem to favor smaller passengers. When we test drove the Ultra Glide the back of my wife's calf hit the hard bags. It was right the opposite of the XC. To be honest I was all in on an Ultra Glide, then the wife test rode the XC with me and all but begged me to go with the XC.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
RICZ,
What Kuryakyn part numbers did you get to make this work? Did you stay with pegs or change to passenger floorboards? There are a lot of complaints from people with passengers with long legs. If your option is usable/affordable/looks good I sure your setup will prove helpful for many Cross bike owners.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Passenger Peg Lowering Kit

RICZ,
What Kuryakyn part numbers did you get to make this work? Did you stay with pegs or change to passenger floorboards? There are a lot of complaints from people with passengers with long legs. If your option is usable/affordable/looks good I sure your setup will prove helpful for many Cross bike owners.
I bought the parts through J&P Cycles and I think the numbers I'm quoting are theirs, although the items are Kuryakyn....
550-121 Adjustable Lock Offset 4" (this is the lowering arm)
8828 Splined Adapter (connects arm to peg support)
530-360 Peg (many to choose from)
All come in pairs.

Whoopsie, wrong picture. If you want good pics, you'll have to wait a bit 'til I take 'em. The neat thing about the hardware is it folds up out of the way when not in use.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I looked at Kuryakyn before and came up with that same combination. I suggeted it to an owner on another website and somone else popped in and said it wouldn't work. Glad to see it does! It looks good (from what I can see) and obviously functions well or you would've changed back.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
I looked at Kuryakyn before and came up with that same combination. I suggeted it to an owner on another website and somone else popped in and said it wouldn't work. Glad to see it does! It looks good (from what I can see) and obviously functions well or you would've changed back.
Maybe this picture will show 'em off until I can do better.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Definately a huge difference in legroom! Note that Kuryakyn also makes an adjustable offset (2" and 4") that should work with the same splined adapter. This setup would allow 2-4" adjustments up, down, forward or back. I think you could also get a heel stirrup to work with pegs if you prefer them over mini floorboards.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Definately a huge difference in legroom! Note that Kuryakyn also makes an adjustable offset (2" and 4") that should work with the same splined adapter. This setup would allow 2-4" adjustments up, down, forward or back. I think you could also get a heel stirrup to work with pegs if you prefer them over mini floorboards.
The photo shows them folded back. When deployed for a passenger, the 4" arm is parallel with the peg support, allowing for more leg stretch by placing the foot peg not only lower, but more forward. The peg adequately clears the exhaust shield. I'm quite pleased with the arrangement.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agree with the passenger floorboards. It would be great if they were adjustable. Also, a trunk rail so to move the trunk back an inch or two would also be a great idea. Butts come in different sizes, small, average, large and a combination of all the above. Neither of these mods should cost much. If the do, accessories would be the answer, regardless who makes them. The X bikes are the best made rides, imho, on the road today. Enjoy your ride.cheers

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Agree with the passenger floorboards. It would be great if they were adjustable. Also, a trunk rail so to move the trunk back an inch or two would also be a great idea. Butts come in different sizes, small, average, large and a combination of all the above. Neither of these mods should cost much. If the do, accessories would be the answer, regardless who makes them. The X bikes are the best made rides, imho, on the road today. Enjoy your ride.cheers
My frau prefers pegs to boards, so she can hook her boot heels on them for bracing under braking force. I know a lot of passengers like boards, so how about a choice? We have windscreen choice and highway bar choice. Why not where-you-put-your-feet-choice? Let's all go to the town square and demonstrate for that. :crzy:

·
Registered
76 Posts

The accessories are fine, but they should be selling them for half what they are asking. I just hope more aftermarket companies will start making items for the XC like back rests, luggage racks, exhaust etc.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Something to cover that ugly ass rear brake resevior (plastic) thing down by our feet. They covered the other part but not the plastic crap.

Bars and a wiring kit that would allow us to rout our wires through the bars. Victory did a horriable job on the wiring of the x bikes. I hate to take of the windsheild due to all the wires right behind the the headlamp!

Saddle bag liners for the x bikes - not the bags that we can pull out but a molded drop in carpet material that we can use double sided tape to secure. I think the inside of our bags look unfinished.

Chrome forks for the x bikes.

More blacked out parts for x bike I would love to have my skull bike with 8 ball parts... black black black!!!

But most of all I would want Victory to lower the damn prices!!!! Whole crap, they offer a good deal on bikes but want to rape you at the counter!!!!!

Thats it cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts