Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to reset my clock. I've tried following the instructions in my riders manual but it just won't reset.
All I did was disconnect the cables to apply dialectic grease to the posts.
The bike itself is fine, runs great but that flashing 12:00 is driving me nuts!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Scroll through displays until on odometer, then press and hold button in.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Get display to the odometer setting. Not the trip odometer but the total bike mileage odometer. When on this display, press and hold the selection button (fairing side of left switchbox housing). After a few seconds, the clock display will start flashing the 12 (hour) number. Release the selection button and then press it once quickly (do not hold) to advance the hour by one number. Repeat until hour is correct. Then press and hold selection button again until minute's 10's digit is flashing. Release the selection button and then press it once quickly (do not hold) to advance the minute's 10's digit hour by one number. Repeat until minute's 10's digit is correct. Repeat the process for the minute's 1's digit. Once clock is correct, leave buttons alone and in a short amount of time, you will be back to the odometer display with no part of the clock flashing, and the clock will be correct.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I'm trying to reset my clock. I've tried following the instructions in my riders manual but it just won't reset.
All I did was disconnect the cables to apply dialectic grease to the posts.
The bike itself is fine, runs great but that flashing 12:00 is driving me nuts!
Electrical tape fixes anything.
Just tape over the clock.
Works great on any annoying flashing lights on modern vehicles.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I wonder if that would work for my Isuzu. Check Engine has been on for 200,000 miles.
Yeah mate, works on anything, just check the engines still there, thats all the light means.
If its still under the hood , just black tape over it.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
My last chevy truck had several dummy lights on and I did the electrical tape trick, solved all the problems! That was at 100k miles and then put another 100k on it after that. Did have to replace a couple of O2 sensors and some brake pads along the way, damn I miss that truck.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get display to the odometer setting. Not the trip odometer but the total bike mileage odometer. When on this display, press and hold the selection button (fairing side of left switchbox housing). After a few seconds, the clock display will start flashing the 12 (hour) number. Release the selection button and then press it once quickly (do not hold) to advance the hour by one number. Repeat until hour is correct. Then press and hold selection button again until minute's 10's digit is flashing. Release the selection button and then press it once quickly (do not hold) to advance the minute's 10's digit hour by one number. Repeat until minute's 10's digit is correct. Repeat the process for the minute's 1's digit. Once clock is correct, leave buttons alone and in a short amount of time, you will be back to the odometer display with no part of the clock flashing, and the clock will be correct.
Yay!!!! Thank you! It's set now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts