Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought a 99 last week. It has some aftermarket stuff on it, and the more I look into it and see little things, the more I wonder the history of this bike, but anyways, its mine now so I have to deal with it. It has a one piece seat on it, not an expensive one either seeing as how it doesnt seem to fit right, it hooks under the tank and is screwed to the rear fender, stock hole/ I dont know, cause there is one a couple inches in front of it, and it doesnt use the seat lock either, I ordered a factory one off ebay, but after I took it off today, I see holes, a latch, and bracketry? underneath the seat. I now wonder how the factory seat is gonna mount? Does anyone have pictures I could see to see how it all is supposed to go together? Also when I took the side covers off to polish them, I noticed two studs on the right side coming out from where the tools are located going out behind the rear jug. I knew I shouldve bought the stock one....oh well. Thanks for any help you are willing and able to give!!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
PATIENCE!!!!!! It hasn't even been 24 hours since you posted your question. Sometimes it takes more than a day for someone to read your response! Not everyone logs in every single day and reads every single thread.

How about posting a pic of what you are talking about.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I apologize for my anxiousness. I was just looking for pics of a 92c with the seats off, so I can see how it is supposed to go together when my seats arrive. Wondering if I need to find missing pieces or not. I can try to get a pic for everyone to see what I am working with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, waiting for it to cool off a bit outside, when I go out and replace my tail light i will pull the seat off and get em.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The original '99 seat was two-piece; the passenger pillon bolts to the rear fender from the underside using 3 button-head allen screws. The driver seat has a tongue which goes under the rear fuel tank mount in front, and the rear mount is a "pointy-mushroom"-headed bolt which goes into a latch in the bracket connecting both sides of the rear subframe just ahead of the rear fender. The latch is cable-operated and connected to a lock cylinder mounted on the left side of the rear fender at the front end of the fender. (Picture a smaller version of most auto hood locks.)

My '99 has the two studs as well - no idea what they are for; the parts manual shows them, but doesn't show anything mounting to them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The original '99 seat was two-piece; the passenger pillon bolts to the rear fender from the underside using 3 button-head allen screws. The driver seat has a tongue which goes under the rear fuel tank mount in front, and the rear mount is a "pointy-mushroom"-headed bolt which goes into a latch in the bracket connecting both sides of the rear subframe just ahead of the rear fender. The latch is cable-operated and connected to a lock cylinder mounted on the left side of the rear fender at the front end of the fender. (Picture a smaller version of most auto hood locks.)

My '99 has the two studs as well - no idea what they are for; the parts manual shows them, but doesn't show anything mounting to them.
Thank you, I got a stock seat and it came with screws, unfortunately when they put on the seat that is on it, it looks like it fits, but it is loose, moves around, and they drilled a new hole for the back of the seat to the rear tin. That is upsetting, how do I hide that. Plus the loose fit and drilled hole, cause the clear and paint around the hole to chip away. As far as the studs....IDK either, maybe a place to mount something in the future

1 - 8 of 8 Posts