Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be nothing on line about the Visions. I did a test drive of the Vision Tour last weekend and noticed here were 3 distinct lamps on the front of a Vision. One is centered and on the bottom of the cluster and the other two are larger and above and to both sides of that center one. What is each one and when is it turned on? Is one or more a high beam only? Are any of them any more than typical headlights in terms of bulb type?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The upper two lights are H4 high-low lamps that are controlled in the normal fashion by the high-low beam switch on the left handlebar control housing.

The lower light is a HID type driving lamp which is controlled by a rocker switch on the console

·
Registered
539 Posts
I noticed today that my driving lamp is not working. I notice every place the manual mentions the driving lamp it says, if so equipped. It looks like there is a lamp in there but I haven't taken it apart yet. Is the driving lamp not standard? I thought it worked when I first got the bike but thinking back now I am not 100% sure. If it is not equipped would they still install the rocker switch? I have been riding with the switch on ever since I got it. I have only had the bike 4 months so I would think the light would last longer than that.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The if equipped aspect is for the HID. They all have a lamp of one kind or another. It sounds like yours is burned out.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The upper two lights are H4 high-low lamps that are controlled in the normal fashion by the high-low beam switch on the left handlebar control housing.

The lower light is a HID type driving lamp which is controlled by a rocker switch on the console
Your info is correct up to and including the 2011 Vision... after that, in order to reduce the MSRP of the Vision so that the CCT could become the flagship model for Victory, there were subtle, but real, changes made to the standard equipment. One such change was that the HID headlight was no longer standard... it became just a bulb. There was a long list of items that were standard at one time on the Vision that went away in 2012 and then 2013... how else did you think that the price dropped so far?

·
Registered
539 Posts
The if equipped aspect is for the HID. They all have a lamp of one kind or another. It sounds like yours is burned out.
I wonder if that would be covered under the warranty? I know it's just a bulb but I would think it would last a year.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I wonder if that would be covered under the warranty? I know it's just a bulb but I would think it would last a year.
And you would think that tires and oil and other maintenance items would last longer or be covered under warranty, but they're not... LOL

While a light bulb should last longer than this one they sometimes don't because of the oddest things... such as pot holes... speed bumps... vibrations...

Check and make sure the bulb hasn't vibrated loose... they do that.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
One alternative would be my HID kits for the cyclops beam. The kit is $50 and you get lifetime warranty with it (and no filament to break). Otherwise, just get a replacement halogen bulb.

·
Registered
539 Posts
And you would think that tires and oil and other maintenance items would last longer or be covered under warranty, but they're not... LOL

While a light bulb should last longer than this one they sometimes don't because of the oddest things... such as pot holes... speed bumps... vibrations...

Check and make sure the bulb hasn't vibrated loose... they do that.
Well tires are, for factory defects, not normal wear and tear, I realize. Oil is not really a valid example, because if it were bad it would probably cause engine damage which would be covered. Provided I didn't put in some brand that was not rated for the bike. Since I use Victory oil it would be.

A bulb under normal riding conditions, which includes the occasional speed bump should last longer than 4 months. Your right though I am sure that is what they will say.

·
Registered
539 Posts
One alternative would be my HID kits for the cyclops beam. The kit is $50 and you get lifetime warranty with it (and no filament to break). Otherwise, just get a replacement halogen bulb.
Looking through the DIY instruction section on the web site. The tear down only applies to installing the HID high and low beams. The running light would just be the simple 3 step process in your DIY instructions, correct? I read through the Vision instructions and it doesn't mention the running light.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Looking through the DIY instruction section on the web site. The tear down only applies to installing the HID high and low beams. The running light would just be the simple 3 step process in your DIY instructions, correct? I read through the Vision instructions and it doesn't mention the running light.
Yep. That one is plug and play. If you can replace the stock bulb, you can install the kit. cheers

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Crossroads, how's that HID kit for the Judge/Highball headlight coming?
For the Judge kit, the base of the bulb doesn't fit through the plastic cover hole on the inside, which might require some kind of grinding, but I am unsure where the grinding needs to happen. If you want to try it, let me know through a PM or http://vichid.com/contact.php - so we don't highjack this unrelated thread. ;)

·
13,247 Posts
There seems to be nothing on line about the Visions. I did a test drive of the Vision Tour last weekend and noticed here were 3 distinct lamps on the front of a Vision. One is centered and on the bottom of the cluster and the other two are larger and above and to both sides of that center one. What is each one and when is it turned on? Is one or more a high beam only? Are any of them any more than typical headlights in terms of bulb type?
Very funny seeing how you own one and I'm sure you have read your owners book :ltr:

·
Registered
10 Posts
In Spain you should have no problems of this kind. The HID light is illegal and therefore, on Spanish bikes like mine, instead of the light you have a plastic cover that does not break or burn out, hehehehehhe...:mad:

·
13,247 Posts
the HID bulb is held in by a metal tab and two screws

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts