Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just bought a beautiful 08 Vegas and in the process of going over it I noticed these three weird things. One is a loose wire with connection and the second looks like a transmission sensor but missing a piece. Are they supposed to be connected? The third is the tube that doesn't connect to anything. It smells like gas, is just a breather tube for the gas tank?

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
The top picture looks like the gas tank vent/overflow. The second is your oil sending unit, you need to reattach the wire.

·
13,235 Posts
Blue Vegas

do you know you have to stand the bike upright to check the oil level?
put 2x4 under kickstand be careful

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You don't have to prop the bike upright to check the oil. Just sit on it and bring it upright then back down on the kickstand and then check where the oil mark is on the dipstick. Been doing it that way on mine for 8 years now. Also in that 8 years my XR has never been low on oil.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You don't have to prop the bike upright to check the oil. Just sit on it and bring it upright then back down on the kickstand and then check where the oil mark is on the dipstick. Been doing it that way on mine for 8 years now. Also in that 8 years my XR has never been low on oil.
Great idea. I was told one could sit on the bike, bring it upright, dip the stick. If the oil level is at the mark showing a need for 1 quart, the sump is full.

Enjoy your ride Blue Vegas. A service manual is worth its weight in gold.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Great idea. I was told one could sit on the bike, bring it upright, dip the stick. If the oil level is at the mark showing a need for 1 quart, the sump is full.

Enjoy your ride Blue Vegas. A service manual is worth its weight in gold.
If it's low just lean a little more to the right, it'll come up on the stick to the right level. JUST KIDDING !!! Don't do that ! I just sit on it and stand up straight too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts