Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are your Favorite XC XR and Magnum Parts?

What are your Favorite XC XR and Magnum Parts? Stock or Custom ?

1. Why do you like it?
2. Where can we buy it?
3. How much $ does it cost?
4. What would make it even better?
5. What will it fit exactly?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Shouldn't your post also be favorite XC and XR parts since they are the same bike but a Magnum is a XC just like a XCT is a XC with a trunk and a few extra parts? Back to your question, my favorite thing I have added to my XR is the heated grips (standard on the XCT). Makes riding in 35 degree temps much nicer.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I'm taking the liberty of mentioning two parts.
First up are the Lloydz VM1-DR cams....these woke the 106 up made it run like its supposed to. Unfortunately, cams, as most of you know, are part of a system. Alone the cams cost me $450 and were self installed. To that add the cost of intake, exhaust, fuel controller and tuning (and labor if you need it).

The XC has always been comfortable for me and I did many miles sitting on a Drag Specialties touring seat. but last year I replaced it with a Corbin Dual Tour seat and this one took comfort to the next level...As painful as it is, the cost was $630... I can't say I'm unhappy I spent that much ;) plus my bud @roboots21 benefited as well...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mine are the Ness Forged Bars. Function, safer, Looks awesome. Mine were bought used from someone but they show still available from the factory. 2014 item.
I really like what Ness has done with the Victory line. I never thought any of his HD stuff was that appealing but I stopped paying close attention ten years ago to those parts and bits. IMO I hate the tear drop mirror craze. Its either annoying and distracting or just ....

·
12,984 Posts
way back when Arlen Ness applied for a designer job at HD. They didn't think he had the talent to be a designer

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm taking the liberty of mentioning two parts.
First up are the Lloydz VM1-DR cams....these woke the 106 up made it run like its supposed to. Unfortunately, cams, as most of you know, are part of a system. Alone the cams cost me $450 and were self installed. To that add the cost of intake, exhaust, fuel controller and tuning (and labor if you need it).

The XC has always been comfortable for me and I did many miles sitting on a Drag Specialties touring seat. but last year I replaced it with a Corbin Dual Tour seat and this one took comfort to the next level...As painful as it is, the cost was $630... I can't say I'm unhappy I spent that much ;) plus my bud @roboots21 benefited as well...
I second both of these parts are well. Well worth the $$$!

I'll add, in the looks department, adding a 21" wheel to my Cross Roads. Totally changed the look of the bike and I did it all for under $1500 including tire/wheel/fender/paint/abs ring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you know or consider the Ultimate Seat? Can anyone compare?

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I'd have to say my fav's are the forged crash bars, and the 21" front wheel. (Vic Parts) And for aftermarket, LLoydz cams, PCV, and 1/4 turn throttle ring.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Did you know or consider the Ultimate Seat? Can anyone compare?
I tried an Ultimate seat...and HATED it. I was so thick, I lost connection with the bike, so wide it put me on the balls of my feet. I'm not a fan of that pillow, couch cushion seating, I felt like I sunk in, not sat on the seat....and damn that Ultimate foam held some serious heat, it did not breathe at all, brutal on a hot day....

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
...And then there are those like me who prefer that couch cushion seating. :)

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I thought of you the entire time I was making my post.. ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
The best add-on to date:

- Vic rider back rest - $ - don't recall, probably a pair of Benjamins.
- Madstad windshield - $ - don't recall, but probably a couple more Benjamins
- PCV and dyno tune - $$$ - Bike runs measurably cooler. A wonderful thang in summer temps.

Had a Corbin dual touring saddle ($$$) on the Valk. I liked the riding position but not the cushion. Like sitting on a custom board. Wife hated her end. My end was tolerable. Saved the seat when the bike went to the junk yard. Can't sell it, I can't even give it away. I find the stock seat on the Vic amazingly comfortable for a OEM piece. I don't even consider replacing it.

I really like the look of the forged bars. That is what got my attention when I very first started looking at Vics. Went with the XCT for added creature comforts for the wifeunit.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
I tried an Ultimate seat...and HATED it. I was so thick, I lost connection with the bike, so wide it put me on the balls of my feet. I'm not a fan of that pillow, couch cushion seating, I felt like I sunk in, not sat on the seat....and damn that Ultimate foam held some serious heat, it did not breathe at all, brutal on a hot day....
My everyday XC seat is a stock early Magnum seat. I like the way I sit down in it. As long as I stop every couple of hours to let the blood flow back there again; it's fine for me. Haven't tested it with a passenger and not likely to.

My touring seat is an Ultimate seat but even though it starts out feeling very comfy the foam slowly settles until it feels hard. Now I bet someone under 220 lbs would probably not get that and their passenger would also like it more. I should probably sell it though and the rider backrest that goes with it since I don't use it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am surprised to hear that! At 6'1 on the heavy side I thought I would lose it on the Buell after I had Baldwin stuff a gel pad and redo a seat for me. The Extra Comfort OEM seat was not enough. The result was a lot thicker seat and kinda hard but comfortable. The price I had to pay but worth it and the Buell was and is a lot of fun. Baldwin rides a Buell too.

When I took the Magnum for a test ride a year ago its was very comfortable and so far I like the stock gun fighter seat. I would hate to lose any more road connection on the Victory. That would kill the deal for me too.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
The best add-on to date:

- Vic rider back rest - $ - don't recall, probably a pair of Benjamins.
- Madstad windshield - $ - don't recall, but probably a couple more Benjamins
- PCV and dyno tune - $$$ - Bike runs measurably cooler. A wonderful thang in summer temps.

Had a Corbin dual touring saddle ($$$) on the Valk. I liked the riding position but not the cushion. Like sitting on a custom board. Wife hated her end. My end was tolerable. Saved the seat when the bike went to the junk yard. Can't sell it, I can't even give it away. I find the stock seat on the Vic amazingly comfortable for a OEM piece. I don't even consider replacing it.

I really like the look of the forged bars. That is what got my attention when I very first started looking at Vics. Went with the XCT for added creature comforts for the wifeunit.
Thanks for the reminder.... The Madstad is the most functional mod I have and definitely right up there with my favs. The stock XC seat(I had the wide one) was the best stock seat I've had on a bike. Problem was its foam wouldn't support my 235lbs for long, after a few hours I was sitting on the pan.
"wifeunit"= :ltr:

I am surprised to hear that! At 6'1 on the heavy side I thought I would lose it on the Buell after I had Baldwin stuff a gel pad and redo a seat for me. The Extra Comfort OEM seat was not enough. The result was a lot thicker seat and kinda hard but comfortable. The price I had to pay but worth it and the Buell was and is a lot of fun. Baldwin rides a Buell too.

When I took the Magnum for a test ride a year ago its was very comfortable and so far I like the stock gun fighter seat. I would hate to lose any more road connection on the Victory. That would kill the deal for me too.
Besides all the other other stuff I complained about an Ultimate seat would look totally wrong on a Magnum....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It looks like the tank bra is going to be a favorite part too. I have balls on the the tank a little. Big balls to take care of, its one thing I think HD does address with the massive front seat turn up. I really like the seat. Problem is with the HD seat on Ultra or Electra they get it it wrong on my back side. too tight, not enough back seat. 2015

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine are the Ness Forged Bars. Function, safer, Looks awesome. Mine were bought used from someone but they show still available from the factory. 2014 item.
I really like what Ness has done with the Victory line. I never thought any of his HD stuff was that appealing but I stopped paying close attention ten years ago to those parts and bits. IMO I hate the tear drop mirror craze. Its either annoying and distracting or just ....

Any chance you can send me the link to those, Ness Forged Bars ? I cant find em :(

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I don’t have many performance changes but out of the three, last for me to give up would be switching out my tour windshield for Klockwerks tinted flair (dealer included in deal). Then the decored stock mufflers for more sound ~$70 followed by 1/4 turn throttle ring for reduced strain $20.

2016 Cross Country Tour, gloss black
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts