Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum so first off, thanks for all the great input. I've been debating quite a while on my next bike, and I'm convinced that a Crossroads is the right bike for me. Loved the ride, handling, style and performance (although I'm a bit concerned on fuel economy)...

All said, I'm going into my dealer today/tomorrow and if the price is right, I'm going to buy it. Typically, the dealer will cut a deal on accessories at the time of ordering. I've found that it's easily negotiable the time duration of the discount to 30-60 days, but I wanted to get some quick input as to what accessories you consider "must have". I have the most buying power when buying the bike so now is the best time to negotiate.

So... what are you glad you got???

Also, does the base price include the windshield or is that an accessory???

Thanks in advance

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The XR comes with the windshield as standard. Must have options are a matter of your own taste.

If you are looking for more power and sound then an exhaust is what you want BUT the Victory Stage 1's are already being outdone by aftermarket manufacturers.

RPWUSA just finalized their X bike exhaust.

A fuel tuner and cams would really do your bike some justice.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
New to this forum so first off, thanks for all the great input. I've been debating quite a while on my next bike, and I'm convinced that a Crossroads is the right bike for me. Loved the ride, handling, style and performance (although I'm a bit concerned on fuel economy)...

All said, I'm going into my dealer today/tomorrow and if the price is right, I'm going to buy it. Typically, the dealer will cut a deal on accessories at the time of ordering. I've found that it's easily negotiable the time duration of the discount to 30-60 days, but I wanted to get some quick input as to what accessories you consider "must have". I have the most buying power when buying the bike so now is the best time to negotiate.

Thanks in advance
I'm a chromaholic....you know my answer.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Thanks in advance
I would strongly suggest the following:
Tall windshield (otherwise wind noise is too loud)
Driver backrest (really benefits those long rides)
Luggage rack (yes, the saddlebags are great; however, you will need more room)
Saddlebag guard rails (However, the dumbies haven't made them yet)
Top trunk with speakers, brake lights and antena mount (Yes, you guessed it, they haven't made them yet. Nor has anybody else)
GPS (Optional, but not the Zumo 660, it [email protected])
Heated grips (A must if you ride during cold temps)
Foot pegs (recommended if you ride long distances)

That should get you down the road well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My must have is a new set of bars for my Crossroads. Im 6'3" and my monkey arms want something alittle wider and not so much pull back. Maybe drag bars :D

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I realize this is the Cross Roads/Cross Country forum but I have Hard Street bags on my '07 8-Ball and I love 'em! The price couldn't be beat either as Cycra was offering painted bags with free brackets back in 2008. So my price for bags, brackets, and bag liners was $834.00. Vic bags and brackets would have cost about $1200.00 since the bags would have required painting. Also, I believe Cycra is actually making Victory's hard bags now so no matter where you got them, you'd still (with hope) be getting the same high quality saddlebags.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've added a passenger backrest and luggage rack for touring purposes, and top rails to the bags so I don't kick the hell out of them. I want to add a light bar but don't care for the one Victory presently offers. I hope they or someone else develops a light bar that matches the shape of the headlight. Lastly, some sort of bars/side rails to protect those big, beautiful saddlebags in the unfortunate event I drop her. I'd rather have a few scratches on side rails than have to pay to repair or buy new bags. That's my wish list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cruise is a must have

Just bought my Cross Roads yesterday. I'm picking it up next week once the cruise control gets installed. If you're doing any type of distance riding (500+ miles/day), you need some sort of throttle lock or cruise control. I got that and the bag liners. I'll probably end up getting some sort of luggage rack and a cheaper style trunk that will be taken off in between long trips.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ness RAD III Mirrors

I think the Ness Rad III mirrors would look really cool given the lines of the Crossroads, especially when looking from behind. Does anyone have these and how do they look?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Backrest & luggage rack

Does anyone out there have this combination from Kewlmetal? I need to add this to the bike and was looking for opinions. Kewlmetals setup is about $400 less.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Does anyone out there have this combination from Kewlmetal? I need to add this to the bike and was looking for opinions. Kewlmetals setup is about $400 less.
What combination is that?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Sorry, I thought you had intended to include a picture and had forgotten. I'm not familiar with that setup but after reading about the backrest I might get one of those for myself. Sorry I'm not providing you any of the help you requested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Add ons

I bought my CR stock with the driver backrest. Two things that I think are necessary are the passenger backrest and footpegs. I added Kuryakyn grips. Haven't done anything else and don't think I will either.

·
Registered
364 Posts
How about our new CC/CR trunk and passenger backrest racks?
trunk racks are in finishing right now, and we've just gotten the first racks back from the powder coater in gloss black which are ready to ship.
In black, member price is only $350.10, and in chrome only $450.10 (chrome base mounting kit add $36).

And for the backrests...

Member prices, either style or fitment*:
Gloss Black: $350.10
Chrome $450.10
*Requires install kit ($27-36 member price)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts