Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got stuck in mud. tried hard in first gear to get out. Got more stuck, harder I tried. Full throttle I heard a clunk. Now bike does not shift in to any gear. I can hear the gears changing when I press on the shifter but bike stays in neutral.
where to start looking for the damage?

·
Registered
580 Posts
How does the clutch lever feel? Can you check your cable adjustment? If the tranny sounds like it is changing gears, but you have no go juice- maybe you smoked the clutch?

m

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the tranny is shifting the gears but no juice. Clutch cable is fine and tight. Where to start the deflowering process?

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
It sounds like you broke the final drive belt...
the tranny is shifting the gears but no juice. Clutch cable is fine and tight. Where to start the deflowering process?
Erm, you start with the simple inspection of the final drive belt as suggested - bend over, and check if it's still there before you taking anything apart. ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
When the bike is in gear and you push the bike is the transmission engaged? If it is, clutch problem if not transmission is broken. If it is only the clutch you may of broken the clutch spring or its retaining clip. Before you get to involved make sure it's not something simple. Check your drive belt and sprockets for damage make sure you didn't rip all the teeth off a section of the drive belt. Or the belt has the proper tension. Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Subscribing out of curiosity on what you learn as you post updates. wac

I'm very curious how something broke. Were you just spinning the rear as if on a dyno machine and all of a sudden lost power to the tire? Or if the wheel just wouldn't move, that mud sounds more like hardened cement to hold back the power of these bikes!

I wish you the best and hope you find it's something simple.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Full throttle

Subscribing out of curiosity on what you learn as you post updates. wac

I'm very curious how something broke. Were you just spinning the rear as if on a dyno machine and all of a sudden lost power to the tire? Or if the wheel just wouldn't move, that mud sounds more like hardened cement to hold back the power of these bikes!

I wish you the best and hope you find it's something simple.
Thats what I thought exactly,, I live in Florida and I get stuck in the sugar sand allot and its full throttle and spin, spin until there is enough traction to get out.. so far nothing broke, I dont call a wrecker every time I go off road have a mishap.. Good luck and keep up posted

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would inspect the front pulley. I have heard the early C bikes have a problem for them to come loose or strip the drive teeth off the inside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts