Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hardstreet Slimbags with Hardstreet mounting brackets for my model and year Vegas. They stick out and ride so high I can't even consider using them. What am I doing wrong??

·
Registered
636 Posts
My wife had an 09 Vegas low. I thought it was a great looking bike with the Midnight cherry and white Colour combo. Then she put bags on it like those ones in your pics. The only thing that made them even slightly remotely esthetically tolerable was that they were painted the same as the bike. But, I always thought they did not do justice to the lines of the bike and I wished she never put them on.... Sorry. I get it that we need something to put stuff in... But.....the ones she got just well......you know.....

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
billet slim brackets look like they hang down to the right height. Easy bracket you could have mixed it up on wrong side or they sent you the wrong one for your bike. I am looking at their web sit picture trying to figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like the wrong mounting bracket for your bike. Just seem to be to high like 4 inches.
I took it apart last night and changed it around but gave upecause my garage was 100 degrees. I'm back at it this morning. The bracket is the one listed for my bike.

My wife had an 09 Vegas low. I thought it was a great looking bike with the Midnight cherry and white Colour combo. Then she put bags on it like those ones in your pics. The only thing that made them even slightly remotely esthetically tolerable was that they were painted the same as the bike. But, I always thought they did not do justice to the lines of the bike and I wished she never put them on.... Sorry. I get it that we need something to put stuff in... But.....the ones she got just well......you know.....
I agree 100% but it more for necessity than looks. My motorcycle is my primary transportation and the current small leather bags just don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My neighbor is a fabricating genius. We spent all day cutting and welding our own brackets and used some of the quick detach brackets and some of the leather saddlebag brackets plus mounting plates. I'm going to ride it as is a couple days then remove them and take them to work for sandblasting and wrinkle paint.

I think my neighbor could fabricate you a new arm if you needed one. :)

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well, that seems to have a world of difference. Apparently, the supplier is very wrong on their applications. Now, they are good looking. Hope they do what you need them to do.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, that seems to have a world of difference. Apparently, the supplier is very wrong on their applications. Now, they are good looking. Hope they do what you need them to do.
I'm good to go now!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you ever check with the supplier before you started cutting?

I was looking at getting these (the edge version), but want to make sure they sit low enough. I may call the supplier...

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you ever check with the supplier before you started cutting?

I was looking at getting these (the edge version), but want to make sure they sit low enough. I may call the supplier...
They offer one part number for my make and year. I did use the bracket make by the bag manufacturer.

I'm happy and they are rock solid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Based on your experience I was reluctant to buy them even though my Vic dealer suggested them. I called the supplier and they told me that you drill the holes in the bags yourself, which enables you to position them however you want.

Was this your experience? Did you drill the holes in the bags or did it already come with holes?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Based on your experience I was reluctant to buy them even though my Vic dealer suggested them. I called the supplier and they told me that you drill the holes in the bags yourself, which enables you to position them however you want.

Was this your experience? Did you drill the holes in the bags or did it already come with holes?

Thanks
I drilled them as low as I could and you can see from the first pictures they were high and wide. I think I would have cleared sidewalks with them if I hadn't made my own brackets. Maybe buy the solid mount brackets instead of the quick release.

I like them a LOT they are roomy and follow the lines of the bike but be prepared to fabricate your own brackets.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Used the brackets for a week just to make sure everything was good with them. No problems. I sand blasted them, two coats of primer, three coats of hammer paint, and two coats of epoxy paint.

They are hanging outside drying for a couple days. They look great and are tough enough to hoist the bike by them (I won't but you could).

This one is upside down in the photo. It's the left hand side bracket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wrong brackets. I have the same bags on my '12 8-Ball and they sit just above the pipes. They use black tubular brackets that run down between the bag and fender, pretty tight, and they wrap around under the bags. These were mounted by my dealer and I assumed they came with the bags. They fit great and follow the Vegas curves.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wrong brackets. I have the same bags on my '12 8-Ball and they sit just above the pipes. They use black tubular brackets that run down between the bag and fender, pretty tight, and they wrap around under the bags. These were mounted by my dealer and I assumed they came with the bags. They fit great and follow the Vegas curves.
Like I stated in my first post the brackets are the manufacturers part number for my bike and year. Your brackets are completely different from the one I bought. Are yours keyed for quick release? I bet not.
For my 04 these were the only brackets listed by the manufacturer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts