Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,025 Posts
i added a liftmaster garage door opener under my left control housing, perfect spot. its a keychain size opener, cost 25 bucks. completely hidden... used jb weld, still need to paint it up but completely out of vision. (sorry for making you twist your neck on the pics...)use the radio control tab for reference.
Excellent idea on the JB Weld. I hadn't thought of that. Better than worrying about 2 sided tape or Velcro letting go of it.

I installed the previous remote inside the fairing and ran wires to a momentary switch on the dash I had installed but for this one I think I'll go this route. The previous one used the old style DIP switches and the remote was too big to mount like this.

·
Premium Member
16,025 Posts
Does anybody keep those gay little fork protectors on?
Yep but I switched to the metal KP type. I dunno why Victory cheaped out by going to the plastic ones on the X bikes. They do break too easy.

Kewlmetal sells some (metal) fancy flame type for those interested. It's crazy what Victory charges for the KP metal ones. Once in a while a used set pops up on ebay which is where I found mine.

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=626_632&products_id=159

·
Premium Member
16,025 Posts
Nice sounding pipes. Are there any baffles in them? They sound like maybe there aren't any. The file is 102 MB so it does take a little bit to download depending on the ISP service someone has. The first Facebook file did work. I just had to click on the pic of the bike.

They sound a lot like my 2.5" in/out glass packs only a good bit louder and throatier (guttural?).

It would really be great to hear them from the side of the road as you take off and cruise by. Damn good looking pipes for sure!

·
Premium Member
16,025 Posts
V & H mufflers for the Victory look pretty nice in the pictures on their web site.

I did the Bassini Road Rage 2-1. Very nice header. Looses 60 lbs or so by not having the left muffer.

How did you rig a bracket to support the left saddlebag? No way are the Dzus fittings strong enough by themselves IMHO.

Do you really think the left muffler and cross under pipe weigh 60 lbs? Especially when some kind of bracket needs to be fabbed up to replace it.

The Road Rage is a great looking pipe with good reviews for sure. I strongly considered them as well.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts