Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 8895 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ordered some VicBaggers exhaust tips for my bike. I can FINALLY get rid of these atrocious looking canon style stock tips.

·
Registered
522 Posts
OK, here's my dirty little secret....My laydown bracket is intended to make the plate harder to read at night to facilitate getaways from heists, holdups, stickups, prowls, stalking, robberies, and when her husband comes home unexpectedly.:Dthumb up:ltr:
Computer hackers don't need to hide their license plates though.

Not bashing your product RICZ. I likely would have bought one if I didn't have the materials laying around to make one myself. Changing the angle of the plate reduces the amount of light as opposed to the plate being vertical. It's more due to the fact that LED's don't shine light 360° like incandescent bulbs do.

Here's the lay down license plate mount I made from a sheet of aluminum and an 8mm thick block of aluminum. Materials I had laying around waiting for a use.

Tech23

Attachments

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
No offense taken Tech, I was just joshing around. And yes, LEDs are very directional, that's why I am not installing the Vic LED headlight, the side-wards fall-off is quite dramatic, at least during the day when you want to be conspicuous.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Installed a new Bridgestone Exedra Max front tire on Friday with the help of a friend. Ordered a set of WD no baffle Muscle Mufflers today as a late Father's Day gift from the fam.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, GRH. BTW, I was sent a link to a chart that provides all the dimensions for the license plate holes for every state. I just sent one off to Arizona--those buggers are 1/8" different from most state's. I hope no one had trouble mounting plates on prior ones.
Ric
Just a slight modification was needed on each plate that I have gotten. No big deal.Maybe I will stick with this plate ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,168 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, GRH. BTW, I was sent a link to a chart that provides all the dimensions for the license plate holes for every state. I just sent one off to Arizona--those buggers are 1/8" different from most state's. I hope no one had trouble mounting plates on prior ones.
Ric
I didn't know that! It explains why I have had trouble with aligning the holes. It hasn't been a big deal to fix it but at least now I know why. Thanks! It also explains the elongated holes on the stock plate holders.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I got back from vacation on Saturday. Got the girl out yesterday and gave her a bath and a rub down, and changed to the summer windscreen.
Your bike is probably not very happy that it did not get to go on vacation too.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Your bike is probably not very happy that it did not get to go on vacation too.
I know there just wasn't enough room! Believe me I wanted the bike the whole time! The river road along the Colorado near Moab, UT would be an amazing ride! i just saw it at a much slower pace on a bicycle and a raft.

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,168 Posts
Beautiful country up there Travis. Ahh to be young enough to have that much fun and stamina...

Sure hope you can figure out a way to get to Sturgis this year. I'd like to share some of my homemade peppermint schnaaps with you.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Thanks Boomer... For 2 things. First calling me young, second for complimenting our country. I really hope I get a shot at that homemade schnapps as well!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thrush mod

Finally decided to get started on my Thrush mod for the '14 XCT. Cut them open on my bandsaw and laid the 24201's in there.

Finished welding the mufflers back up tonight. Just got to weld on the larger end pipe in line with the standard chrome end covers and spray a bit of hi temp black on them and they're done. Can't wait to have a listen but looking at them I fear she could be a bit too loud!

I think the Aussie and European mufflers must be different to the US market ones. No fibreglass wool in mine and definitely no need to belt the thrushes into the gutted mufflers.

Russ.

·
Registered
636 Posts
After much deliberation, thanks mainly to the threads here about tires, I replaced my worn out front tire with the stock Dunlop E3. I figured if I could carve corners in the dry and feel safe in the wet, it was good enough for me. And I needed one prior to going to Sturgis. wac

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I added new Vic baggers tips , A lower profile 9" WindVest screen , and lowered 1.5" with a new Miller Link . I'm very happy with this Trifecta of mods ...

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

2001 - 2020 of 8895 Posts