Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

201 - 220 of 8924 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
added garage door opener to my 2014 xc

i added a liftmaster garage door opener under my left control housing, perfect spot. its a keychain size opener, cost 25 bucks. completely hidden... used jb weld, still need to paint it up but completely out of vision. (sorry for making you twist your neck on the pics...)use the radio control tab for reference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
i added a liftmaster garage door opener under my left control housing, perfect spot. its a keychain size opener, cost 25 bucks. completely hidden... used jb weld, still need to paint it up but completely out of vision. (sorry for making you twist your neck on the pics...)use the radio control tab for reference.
Excellent idea on the JB Weld. I hadn't thought of that. Better than worrying about 2 sided tape or Velcro letting go of it.

I installed the previous remote inside the fairing and ran wires to a momentary switch on the dash I had installed but for this one I think I'll go this route. The previous one used the old style DIP switches and the remote was too big to mount like this.

·
Registered
372 Posts
bdbaggr what is the model# of your remote, is it the 890max. I was on liftmasters site and the reviews for this remote are a mix'd bag when it comes to batter life. Are you having this same issue?

·
Registered
263 Posts
yea, check out the key chain remote by liftmaster... by gluing it in this position it still opens up to change battery, and just leaves the back glued to the controls. on my roadglide i had the optional opener kit, around 250 when all was said and done. jb weld works better than any glue i know of on disimilar materials. i put the opener on my grinder and roughed it up and sanded the bottom of control housing to prep for gluing...

·
Registered
263 Posts
bdbaggr what is the model# of your remote, is it the 890max. I was on liftmasters site and the reviews for this remote are a mix'd bag when it comes to batter life. Are you having this same issue?
mrx, i just recieved it in the mail and programed and mounted it yesterday. it works great, if it dies like i said battery is easily swapped on this setup. if if dies completely, only i will ever know because of its location...plus you guys of course...model is actually chaimberlain 856cb its a keychain remote and i just took off the ring. bought it from garage intel for 23 bucks i think with shipping it was 30. came in 3 days. there is a smaller one, but the button is very small and need to push with my glove on, so went this route.

·
Registered
372 Posts
mrx, i just recieved it in the mail and programed and mounted it yesterday. it works great, if it dies like i said battery is easily swapped on this setup. if if dies completely, only i will ever know because of its location...plus you guys of course...model is actually chaimberlain 856cb its a keychain remote and i just took off the ring. bought it from garage intel for 23 bucks i think with shipping it was 30. came in 3 days. there is a smaller one, but the button is very small and need to push with my glove on, so went this route.
Hmmm! I don't see that model on their site but by the pic it looks like the model they have listed as the 890MAX. I'm gonna pick it up anyway cause that's a good ideal you have. Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hmmm! I don't see that model on their site but by the pic it looks like the model they have listed as the 890MAX. I'm gonna pick it up anyway cause that's a good ideal you have. Thanks.
google this> chaimberlain 856cb , it will bring you direct to the site...

·
Registered
372 Posts
google this> chaimberlain 856cb , it will bring you direct to the site...
I pick it up already during lunch from the company that installed my garage door. Anyway I looked up Chaimberlain and the case are the same just different name printed on it. I'll try it out when I get home from work. Thanks again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Installed LLOYDZ timing wheel and fuel controller. Short 1/4 test ride feels good sounds good. Not backfiring like it was. Makes me think I was running a little lean. I love ordering things and waiting for the UPS or Fedex guy to come, so I can install.

Aequitas Veritas 2012 XC, imperial blue, Ness mitered bars, D&D exhaust, Ness deep cut grips-pegs-mirrors-gas cap, Hot Vic custom seat, Hot Vic 21" front wheel kit, custom flame paint, Vicbagger imperial blue contrast cut speaker grills

·
Registered
263 Posts
added klockwerks mid flare windscreen and air deflectors.

ive had these parts for a while but waited for my first long ride on the new bike... also threw the trunk on. amazing difference in the wind in my airspace, i completely miss the wind now, my visor up and no turbulence, another added bonus is my radio is heard at 80... i have big honkers so i havent heard it on the freeway above 65 yet...heading to canada in the morning with the boys! of course this is the same crew we left for sturgis 20 yrs ago stopped at boomtown to gamble, blew all our cash and had to panhandle to get gas to get back home.:( its all coming off when i get back, i love the ability to transform from hummer to hotrod in 5 minutes!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I dropped mine off at the shop for a custom paint job on my new hard bags and the chin spoiler.
Pictures to follow...in about a week.

Bags are going to be painted like this:

cd90a6c69b183dd3357352631e529eed_view.jpg

·
Registered
704 Posts
Took a 300 mile ride in 97 degree weather and found no reason to stop other than we were home. An RDL seat is WORTH IT! Idaho here we come!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Installed a vent in my OEM windshield...I did this once before on a different M/C it worked well. Hoping for the same.

If can figure out photo posting ? I'll put some up.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Installed Lloydz timing wheel +4. I notice it got rid of a lot of the chugging below 2k rpm also the throttle response is a lot better. Good investment.

201 - 220 of 8924 Posts