Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 8922 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
Theja1.....I really like it, very cool look! Great job - you could win bike show competitions with that machine and attention to detail!
What I think is impressive is that this was done with little money and with an eye for how it would look when finished.

Kudos when kudos are due. I think there's a lesson in there for all of us.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Installed the pigtail for my battery maintainer and the wiring for electric gloves :)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Bike wouldn't start Friday so I put the battery tender on it....now it's completely dead. Trying to see if it will charge.

Bike's only a year old with 14k miles. Shouldn't have a dead battery....this sucks, but at least it's raining today.

:(

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Installed the Avon grips I bought from theja1 :D Great grips!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Installed the Avon grips I bought from theja1 :D Great grips!

I hope you like them as much as I do! I can't wait to take a long ride with mine!

Broke down and jumped my bike with the Mustang, then rode it for about 30 mins to charge the battery. Fingers crossed that it holds!

And chance my Battery Tender Jr killed the charge on the bike? I've never seen the LED change to green. Always steady red.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
And chance my Battery Tender Jr killed the charge on the bike? I've never seen the LED change to green. Always steady red.
That's actually how it's supposed to work. Have you looked to make sure both terminals are clean without corrosion and grounded well. I'd also check the circuit breaker. They are known to cause issues as well as the flasher relay. Do you have a pigtail on the battery? Is it connected correctly? Positive to positive, etc.

Do you have a multi-tester? What is the voltage of the battery? It is possible one cell went bad. If your dealer is local and a good one; they may replace the battery or sell you one at a deep discount if that's what the problem is.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
That's actually how it's supposed to work. Have you looked to make sure both terminals are clean without corrosion and grounded well. I'd also check the circuit breaker. They are known to cause issues as well as the flasher relay. Do you have a pigtail on the battery? Is it connected correctly? Positive to positive, etc.

Everything is clean and just added the pigtail. Was running the tender thru the power port on the fairing.

All circuits are good.

Hoping now that the battery is charged up, it stays that way...

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Avon grips (black)

I know I'm about to commit blasphemy, but I took out the 1/4 ring (not compatible with these grips) and I think I like it better...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
I'll take the throttle ring off your hands broggyr :)

Side note, I hooked up my tender and found out the dealer forgot to take off their quick disconnect pigtail...score!

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Avon grips (black)

I know I'm about to commit blasphemy, but I took out the 1/4 ring (not compatible with these grips) and I think I like it better...
I have the same grips and Kyle installed a throttle ring when adding the rest of my goodies. I think it just takes a different design than the stock grips.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have five battery tenders on five different bikes and ALL of them will eventually go green to indicate that the battery is fully charged and that the BT is monitoring the situation such that if the battery charge drops, the BT will "refill" the battery. On the side of the BT, it says that a solid green light means, "Monitoring Charged Battery".

G'day,

Vinish

·
13,038 Posts
broggyr

just asking so don't bit my head off.

don't you want the blind spot mirrors on the out edge of the mirror

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I don't think you're biting my head off :)

I like the blind spot mirrors on the inside because I get the same range of vision while still allowing me to use the full outside range of the whole mirror.

I was always taught that the blind spot mirror should be mounted on the inside (right or wrong is a different debate) and it has served me well for many years in cars/trucks/bikes.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
I don't think you're biting my head off :)

I like the blind spot mirrors on the inside because I get the same range of vision while still allowing me to use the full outside range of the whole mirror.

I was always taught that the blind spot mirror should be mounted on the inside (right or wrong is a different debate) and it has served me well for many years in cars/trucks/bikes.
I've never needed blind spot mirrors because I never had a blind spot when I adjust them as SIDE VIEW mirrors, not rear view mirrors. Their view is down the adjacent lanes. To see directly behind, I move my head a bit. In the event of an evasive maneuver, like a quick lane change, what's beside me is far more important than what's behind. I've set mirrors that way on my 2 and 4 wheelers for decades and it has saved my fat more times than I like to count.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I've never needed blind spot mirrors because I never had a blind spot when I adjust them as SIDE VIEW mirrors, not rear view mirrors. Their view is down the adjacent lanes. To see directly behind, I move my head a bit. In the event of an evasive maneuver, like a quick lane change, what's beside me is far more important than what's behind. I've set mirrors that way on my 2 and 4 wheelers for decades and it has saved my fat more times than I like to count.
These mirrors are large and convex so they function as rear view and side view. The blind spot mirrors show me something that's right next to me. just a little something extra.

3001 - 3020 of 8922 Posts