Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 8837 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
mickey, making a wall mount to hold your equipment, ie:rider backrest, tourpak (trunk), passenger backrest , etc. isnt that hard to do. i actually had one that i bought for my harley accsessories made by jacksbaddassracks.com but have seen many homemade versions out there. google "wall mounted tourpak rack" and see what pops up.
Yep, I've been eying the walls in my garage for somewhere to put something like that... Also need somewhere to hang my Jeep doors. Since I can't ride my bike due to the recall, I guess I've got time for projects now... :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I know what I didn't do today:

I didn't ride it because I've read that if I did, I could experience a significant and possibly catastrophic failure of the motor, which may cause a near death or total death experience. :ltr:

Not a great way to start the weekend...:crzy:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I know what I didn't do today:

I didn't ride it because I've read that if I did, I could experience a significant and possibly catastrophic failure of the motor, which may cause a near death or total death experience. :ltr:

Not a great way to start the weekend...:crzy:
Just got the "All Clear" from my Victory dealer!!:Dthumb up

I'll be back on the new Iron Horse after work today. :ride:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I just completed a large mod....when I put the 1/4 turn on I broke my throttle rest when taking it off - got the new one ....and installed!:D Once you start using one of the throttle assists, you always want one on...

The re-call sucks for the new bike owners, hope Vic gets on it fast - it's the best riding of the year....

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Ritz what is your thoughts on Lyndall Gold pads wac
A couple years ago, one of the bike mags got a Cross bike for a long term test and in the first article, the brakes were described as "wooden." He added that he'd be testing various pads, so I emailed him asking if he'd let me know what he came up with. I received an email from him about a month later, telling me he liked the EBC HH pads, so I went with those, much to my delight. In other words; I have no thoughts about the Lyndalls cuz I never experienced them. But I can highly recommend the EBC HH.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yesterday i made a new pair of bar ends fit my homeade bars, today new plexi crashbar lowers, and adding highway pegs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,159 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I wore 200 more miles worth of it's life off of it today.
Only 99,800 miles left.....
I'm riding the northern coast of California this weekend - incredible! But, you gotta be careful in the turns. Cows are free range all over this area - we had a huge heifer standing right in the middle of the road yesterday..Hitting that 1500 lb animal would ruin your day
cheers

·
Registered
827 Posts
Only 99,800 miles left.....
I'm riding the northern coast of California this weekend - incredible! But, you gotta be careful in the turns. Cows are free range all over this area - we had a huge heifer standing right in the middle of the road yesterday..Hitting that 1500 lb animal would ruin your day
cheers
Does Mattole Rd out of Ferndale, Ca. go through (paved) to somewhere south on 101?

I'm thinking about coming south the 10, 11, 12 and 13th of May.

·
Registered
263 Posts
lloydz quarter turn throttle ring

installed lloydz quarter turn throttle ring this morning on my 2014cross country , took about an hour due to a few unneccesary steps. maybe i can keep you from going down that road.
i looked up a youtube vid and found one from witchdoctors, mostly good... i recommend watching video and following instructions but with a one major thing that i ran into: after loosening adjuster nuts at throttle body linkage and installing ring, put your cable housing back together completely before testing throttle... if you dont do this you will not get throttle to snap back, the bottom of housing keeps cables in correct position for push pull to work correctly. i tested before closing up the housing and went back and loosened up the cables under tank, ( total pain in ass)then when that didnt work i took my dremel to the inner housing for clearance that i felt was neccesary. all not needed! fired it up and zero lag at the throttle, going out to test now. oh and then i sawed off my antenna and re attached the little stub (drilled it a bit) and its only 10:30, time for a ride.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Does anyone wonder if polaris is putting too many of their eggs in the indian basket??
had a great discussion with a guy in norcal opening a new victory/indian dealership in san jose next month, he was very clear that polaris knows they blew the victory thing, and with the succsess of the indian rollout they are working on a renewed commitment to victory...there was money in the r&d of the victory but not the sales and support. i told him as a new member to victory its a joke that you cant even get a victory parts and accesories catalog, and the website is crap... he agreed and said things are moving in the right direction. i left the conversation feeling pretty confidant he wasnt bs-ing me and things are in the works. fyi- his grand opening is 6/28/14 in san jose 460 meridian avenue. its called spirit motorcycles its a nice setup and should be fun!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Does Mattole Rd out of Ferndale, Ca. go through (paved) to somewhere south on 101?

I'm thinking about coming south the 10, 11, 12 and 13th of May.

Mattole rd is a great road...but, full of potholes, gravel and just plain worn out asphalt. It's worth the ride tho - you just have to go slow. You want to go slow because the views are incredible
It leaves ferndale and goes to the lost Coast and out to Patrola (I think) - it is a loop, don't need to backtrack

·
Registered
102 Posts
Small Mod

Made a plate to cover opening back of the motor on the left side.
Got some alum and a jig saw and in less than one hour it is ready for powder coating. Picture of it fitting it on the bike, taped up the part to protect from scratching with saw.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Installed the Ness flip up windshield on my CC that Victory has told me not to ride...:mad:

Shhhhhhhh... I took it for an easy 2 mile spin up to the gas station... :p. Windshield seems like it will be quite effective, but won't really know until I'm allowed to ride it for real... :(

41 - 60 of 8837 Posts