7341 - 7360 of 8821 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
If I lived close by, I would.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Fixed the right saddlebag latch at work today. Took under a minute and works wonderfully now. Also remedied my ever-loosening shifter bolt by doing a little lathe work to it (the bolt). It rotates freely and stays tight to its mount now. My winter projects are done. Now if only the weather would %$&@ing warm up.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Gosh wish you had photos
Me too, actually. I wish I had the free time after work to record what I did. I imagine there are a few people who wouldn't mind seeing the processes.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Put removable wheels on my HF lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Oil

Changed the oil. Also I reset the spring on the Penske shock. Think I will do another post on one thing you do NOT want to do with that shock that I did today.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a original tall windshield, brackets, hardware and a passenger strap that came on my '14 CCT.
The windshield was changed by the dealer. I had them put on a shorter one before I picked it up.
It has been wrapped in plastic since.
I'm not going to ship them. If you want them come and pick them up.
These are free, no cost.
If anyone doesn't want them they're going to end up in the landfill.
Thanks,
Harry
Last chance guys....the garage is going to get cleaned out soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Installed some additional LED strips along the floorboards and the inside leading edge of my hard lowers.
Combined with the Custom Dynamics Magic Strobes brake flasher, they should give me more 'Road Presence' from the sides and behind out there!!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts

Dang, I hate to see good usable stuff go to a landfill. Have you posted to eBay for a $1 plus S&H? Maybe someone looking isn’t looking in this forum? (I still have my original set)

2016 Cross Country Tour, gloss black
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk app

·
Premium Member
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Installed some additional LED strips along the floorboards and the inside leading edge of my hard lowers.

Combined with the Custom Dynamics Magic Strobes brake flasher, they should give me more 'Road Presence' from the sides and behind out there!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN6J1JoO5UY

I plan to do this to mine as well. May I ask where you made you connections? Cut and splice or made up your own pigtails with connectors?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Would you be able to tell us the lumens or wattage of the trunk led strip you used?Would you recommend the same amount of light, less or maybe even more if you were to start again?

I think they are about 75 lm/1.2 watts/ft. I used 4' of the 15' 5050 SMD 300 LED Flexible LED Strip in warm white.
I would do it the same again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I plan to do this to mine as well. May I ask where you made you connections? Cut and splice or made up your own pigtails with connectors?

The PO of my bike had a trailer hitch and an ISO trailer wiring harness installed under the rear fender, so I made all my connections for the running boards and hard lowers off of the output side of the ISO harness.

After I soldered up the connections, I ran the wiring up under the seat area.

I wired in a pair of Big Bike LED Dual Conversion Harness's (one for each running board and future front running/turn signals up front) under the seat area and ran all the wires up into the fairing to make the connections and then back out, down to each LED strip

I used some quick connects so I can remove the lowers/running boards if need be for maintenance, etc.

Dusty

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
LED lights look great. My only concern would be the ones on the outer edge of the hard lowers. I often find the toes of my boots pressing on these areas and I would be afraid of damaging LEDs if they were installed there.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
It's a real shame you won't ship anything. The CCT windshield and brackets could be invaluable to a CC owner trying to reduce/eliminate buffeting.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If I lived close by, I would.
Well let's see if anyone from NEPA is going to CT....kinda like a victory express.
Let's see what happens....or if u know anyone coming from CT to NEPA.
Gees guys, CT to NEPA or vise versa is a nice afternoon putt. If nothing else, meet in the middle and somebody buy the other one a beer. cheers

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Gees guys, CT to NEPA or vise versa is a nice afternoon putt. If nothing else, meet in the middle and somebody buy the other one a beer. cheers
Its VERY hard to get @broggyr out on the bike on weekends...... :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
7341 - 7360 of 8821 Posts