Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

8921 - 8940 of 8973 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well not today, but tomorrow the tour screen goes back on and the tour pack removed for a 6 day 3,000 kilometre ride with a bunch of mates, a week on Sunday. Tossing up whether to connect my CB handset to the XCT. Its a stand alone from one of my other bikes, not the Victory CB. I have a 21 day ride coming up in. August (10,000 kilometres), the tour pack will be staying on but I am wondering whether to upgrade the sound system before that ride...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Added cruise control. Now I don’t have to miss it from my 2012 XR any more.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Added cruise control. Now I don’t have to miss it from my 2012 XR any more.
Yeah cruise control is a great thing. Beats the heck out of a throttle lock.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Yeah cruise control is a great thing. Beats the heck out of a throttle lock.
Yes, indeed. I didn’t realize how nice having it would be until I took my XR on a 3k mike road trip last year. It’s a godsend on long stretches of highway.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I cleaned it up (been raining and muddy here), and but the back wheel back in, with new rear brake pads (Lyndall racing), and a new Dunlop E4. The wheel has been back at the mob who applied the sealer to the spoked wheel, after a couple of spoke nipples and the valve stem developed a slow leak, and the old Dunlop E4 wore down enough on the RH side to start sliding on wet roads on right handers. There was still enough tread on the crown of the tyre to let me run a couple of thousand kilometres in a straight line, but the right flank was way down. I should have run out to Broken Hill down the dead straight Barrier Highway, but I spent the last 8000 kilometres going to work and back on mountain roads.
Put a new E4 on and fix the leaks in the sealer fellas, give me a ring when you're sure it doesn't leak.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I added a Ciro Big Ass drink holder

Which will hold either my 40 oz Ozark Trail Insulated Stainless Steel Tumbler ....

Or, ... my 30 oz one

I also installed @BBob 's leather engine heat guard today as well

Dusty

·
Registered
650 Posts
Lookin' good Dusty....

Ride Safe, almost time!

Rob

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lookin' good Dusty....

Ride Safe, almost time!

Rob
Thanks, Rob!
Yes, that's why I'm starting to get it ready for this summer. (although we are currently getting a dump of snow!) :cautious:
I am now in the process of wiring in a hardwire harness for my new TomTom GO 620 I got late last fall and a few other little things

Cheers, Dusty

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks, Rob!
Yes, that's why I'm starting to get it ready for this summer. (although we are currently getting a dump of snow!) :cautious:
I am now in the process of wiring in a hardwire harness for my new TomTom GO 620 I got late last fall and a few other little things

View attachment 251266

Cheers, Dusty

ahhh i was just thinking last weekend about adding a tom to my wheels...the phone just isn't cutting it... getting the dump here this morning to...got about 6 inches over night and still coming down at 630 am....hopefullly this is the last gasp...

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thanks, Rob!

View attachment 251266

Cheers, Dusty
Added the TomTom rider to mine. Great little thing and wired up to factory plug in fairing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Added the TomTom rider to mine. Great little thing and wired up to factory plug in fairing.

Today I wired up the TomTom, but I chose to hardwire mine as I installed a cigarette lighter where the 12 volt outlet was.

1st off, I removed my 9 yr old Garmin Nuvi 765 T and it's hardwire unit. The Garmin's screen was getting quite dull and not very bright

Next, I wired the new hardwire unit for the TomTom up to my aux fuse panel

Then I ran the power wire in through the aluminum bulkhead, along the handlebar to my mount for the TomTom.
When I turn on the ignition, the TomTom turns on and when I turn off the ignition, the TomTom turns off as well.

Then I installed a new set of aluminum bar ends I got from Victory Things, after I removed the cheap, loose plastic ones

Dusty

·
Registered
650 Posts
Very nice work...all nicely labeled and tied down solid very nice work.... boy getting dumped on here my 12 min ride home took 1 hour and 5 mins this afternoon... 9 cars in the ditch and 4 accidents..and it was only 4 oclock ....man...old mother nature going out with some gusto

Love your shop!!

Rob

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Today I wired up the TomTom, but I chose to hardwire mine as I installed a cigarette lighter where the 12 volt outlet was.
Yeah I meant the GPS plug in fairing so it plays the directions through speakers.

I do like the fuse panel. I've been thinking about that as I keep adding stuff to bike.

·
Registered
156 Posts
While I had the fairing off to hardwire the TomTom GPS, I decided I would rework my cigarette lighter, as it would blow fuses occasionally.
When I went to add a heavier 8 gauge power wire from the relay to the aux fuse panel, I noticed the one blade on the relay had badly corroded since I installed it over 60,000+ km ago and when I went to remove the female spade connector, the blade snapped off.

So, I wired in a new 40 amp relay and coated the blades and connectors with dielectric grease.

I ordered a pair of 30 amp and 40 amp auto reset circuit breakers from Amazon.com and had to wait for them to come in yesterday.
All my fuses for the aux fuse panel require me to remove the fairing to replace and since it has only been the cigarette lighter one that blows, I figured I'd try and solve that issue

Then I added the 30 amp auto reset circuit breaker from the lead into the fuse panel to my cigarette lighter and then on up to the cig lighter

I then connected the main power wires up to the battery to power my aux wiring system

Dusty

·
Registered
156 Posts
The cigarette lighter I use has a lighted ring, which aids finding the lighter/replacing the lighter element when riding at night. (which I do quite a bit of)
They use a hard to find incandescent 12 v bulb, which burns out after about 100 hrs on average. I decided to get rid of it altogether and used a small strip of 6 LEDs fastened to the outside of the lighter socket, with one LED shining through the cut out for the incandescent bulb.
Makes it a lot easier to spot and should last a lot longer than the bulb

Dusty

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had the trike dyno tuned, after installing Lloydz HOH-1 cams 2weeks ago. View attachment 251278
Update:
I took a 200 mile lunch ride and calculated 37 miles mpg, along with some serious giddy-up! Prior to the dyno tune, I was getting 30-32 mpg.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I like my Breakaway cruise control \ throttle lock. It's the poor mans cruise control.:)
Yeah I had them on 2 scooters, but they are kind of pricey.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I like my Breakaway cruise control \ throttle lock. It's the poor mans cruise control.:)
Yeah, I seriously considered a Brakeaway. I'd had a Witchdoctor's throttle lock in place for awhile, and it was better than nothing, for sure. In the end, though, I decided I wanted the real thing, after I experienced it on the Cross Roads I traded in to get this bike. Throttle locks just don't compare to the real deal. They're great on level ground, but fall off rapidly in function as soon as you find yourself in any sort of altitude changing environment.

I like the cruise control's ability to modulate the throttle to maintain the speed i set. :)

8921 - 8940 of 8973 Posts