Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

8941 - 8960 of 8993 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Yeah, I seriously considered a Brakeaway. I'd had a Witchdoctor's throttle lock in place for awhile, and it was better than nothing, for sure. In the end, though, I decided I wanted the real thing, after I experienced it on the Cross Roads I traded in to get this bike. Throttle locks just don't compare to the real deal. They're great on level ground, but fall off rapidly in function as soon as you find yourself in any sort of altitude changing environment.

I like the cruise control's ability to modulate the throttle to maintain the speed i set. :)
Set the cruise control, turn up the stereo and head down the road.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
First ride of the season.
Just met up with my mom for steak.
On way home I had my first experience with ABS activation... Got a little too much into the rear brake. That was a weird feeling but nice knowing it works. Be nicer if people would not pull out in front of me. I expected it but still that's not cool. 🤬

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Rode mine for a bit on Sunday. I had complications from a semi-minor surgery back in January and have not been able to ride any of my bikes. Finally healing up and ready to hit the road on 2 wheels again!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Moved the foot controls to the forward position, and added a heel shifter. Discovered that the stock shifter linkage rod is not really long enough to leave enough gripping threads for my taste, so ordered a longer one from Midwest Control Products (for about 1/4 of the ridiculously overpriced cost of aftermarket shifter rods out there).

·
13,090 Posts
First ride of the season.
Just met up with my mom for steak.
On way home I had my first experience with ABS activation... Got a little too much into the rear brake. That was a weird feeling but nice knowing it works. Be nicer if people would not pull out in front of me. I expected it but still that's not cool. 🤬
The rear brake is for slowing down. The front brake is for stopping. We have a car mentality so we use foot instead of hand. When we get on our bikes we should tell ourselves a 100 times front brake first. Not picking on you

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The rear brake is for slowing down. The front brake is for stopping. We have a car mentality so we use foot instead of hand. When we get on our bikes we should tell ourselves a 100 times front brake first. Not picking on you
Yep. First ride of season. Been driving the truck too much...
Be back to mostly two wheels soon. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
A few weeks ago I ordered some Fork Protectors that are used on the Indian Challenger for my Cross Country. They came in yesterday and I installed them tonight.
They are much more robust than the Victory ones but they currently only come in black. But... they only cost about $9 each.
Here are some Pictures with side by side comparisons and on the bike.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
A few weeks ago I ordered some Fork Protectors that are used on the Indian Challenger for my Cross Country. They came in yesterday and I installed them tonight.
They are much more robust than the Victory ones but they currently only come in black. But... they only cost about $9 each.
Here are some Pictures with side by side comparisons and on the bike.

View attachment 251333 View attachment 251334 View attachment 251335 View attachment 251336
Much better than the $40+ they want for Victory plastic guards.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Glad to see an alternative, made it 8 years with the original fork protectors on my XR but worry every time I wash the bike I may accidentally break one off.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Glad to see an alternative, made it 8 years with the original fork protectors on my XR but worry every time I wash the bike I may accidentally break one off.
Yeah I had to replace one right after I got my XC a year ago and buying 2 of the Challenger fork guards was cheaper than one of the Victory guards.
The material is not as brittle as the original vic guards so I expect long life and easy care.
I thought it might be a problem with them being black but with a black fender and black fork lowers you can't even tell that it shouldn't be this way.

Maybe I should sell my originals to recoupe my cost plus some.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Installed the battery and added a battery tender jr. Ordered some brass bushings for the shifter and have a new led headlight to install. The only problem is -10C. Hurry up spring.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I added some Toe Rests to the XC today. Will try them out tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Plug and play. I like the looks of the LED light but not the functionality, the original light is better IMO.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Is it plug & play? Mine didn't come with the LED.
They are plug and play...at least the one's i've seen are and the light is much wider...doesn't seem to see as far ahead but you can see shoulder to shoulder with the LED...IMO....

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
107 Posts
Plug and play. I like the looks of the LED light but not the functionality, the original light is better IMO.
The reason I picked one up for my bike, is last year we were travelling in the pouring rain. the lead bike said the only person he could not see was me and I was the only one without a LED headlights out of five riders and I was in the middle of the pack.

8941 - 8960 of 8993 Posts