Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

8961 - 8980 of 8993 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
5 Posts
A few weeks ago I ordered some Fork Protectors that are used on the Indian Challenger for my Cross Country. They came in yesterday and I installed them tonight.
They are much more robust than the Victory ones but they currently only come in black. But... they only cost about $9 each.
Here are some Pictures with side by side comparisons and on the bike.

View attachment 251333 View attachment 251334 View attachment 251335 View attachment 251336
Those are badass...I will be grabbing some.

Skin

·
Registered
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
5 Posts
I brought my happy ass back to VF...seems like my original account got taken in the divorce so this is my new one

SkinM4n is now Skinman for anyone who remembers

Skin

·
Registered
267 Posts
I brought my happy ass back to VF...seems like my original account got taken in the divorce so this is my new one

SkinM4n is now Skinman for anyone who remembers

Skin
Welcome back from Southern Oregon

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I got it inspected and registered.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yesterday, I replaced the shifter lever on my 2010 Cross Roads, for the second time at just under 70,000mi. This time, I drilled through the entire assembly and inserted a 1/8" roll pin as RICZ has suggested. Hopefully it will last a lot longer than the previous two levers.

Today, I made the final adjustment of the shift lever height, cleaned and lubed the clutch cable ends and checked the air in the tires. I am ready to go.

Tomorrow and Sunday, I plan to pack my lunch and ride to the North and South forks of Eastern Long Island. I will do the North Fork tomorrow, because I have seen a few farms advertising (Fresh Eggs for sale), on many previous trips. We have not been able to find eggs at the super markets, so I hope to score some from the farms out on Eastern L.I.. I have to remember to remove some of the stuff from my bikes trunk,to make room for the eggs, in case I get lucky.

Weather looks good but in the mid. 40's, so I will have my electric gear on. (The heat feels good on my old bones.)

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yesterday, I replaced the shifter lever on my 2010 Cross Roads, for the second time at just under 70,000mi. This time, I drilled through the entire assembly and inserted a 1/8" roll pin as RICZ has suggested. Hopefully it will last a lot longer than the previous two levers.

Today, I made the final adjustment of the shift lever height, cleaned and lubed the clutch cable ends and checked the air in the tires. I am ready to go.

Tomorrow and Sunday, I plan to pack my lunch and ride to the North and South forks of Eastern Long Island. I will do the North Fork tomorrow, because I have seen a few farms advertising (Fresh Eggs for sale), on many previous trips. We have not been able to find eggs at the super markets, so I hope to score some from the farms out on Eastern L.I.. I have to remember to remove some of the stuff from my bikes trunk,to make room for the eggs, in case I get lucky.

Weather looks good but in the mid. 40's, so I will have my electric gear on. (The heat feels good on my old bones.)
Did you get your eggs?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Did you get your eggs?
Yes sir, I sure did. The wife and I had eggs for dinner that night.;)

The bike shifts like new again. The old shift lever was so worn that I had trouble completing the up shifts because the through was so long. Very happy.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Washed my 2012 XCT yesterday. It was about 92 F out and I thought, mistakenly, that splashing some cool water around while washing the bike would make it seem not so hot. I was wrong. It was bloody hot. But bike is clean and my wife decided to wash our golf cart while I was doing my bike.

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
Be glad it's hot. The virus doesn't like heat.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
But I only moved south for the winters. I am headed north to the mountains of NC very soon mainly to escape the summer heat in FL which begins in mid-March and continues through about mid-Oct.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've had mine out 3 times now for a couple hours each time...and tomorrow is looking to be 50 F and sunny so will be more wind therapy....do miss stopping for coffee and chatting but LOVIN the ride!

Be Safe All...

Rob

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ran some fresh air through it and through me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I’m thinking this week or weekend will be Oil change, tire inspection/fill up, wash/wax and other spring checklist stuff will be happening to prepare the beast for 2020. Weather looking crappy for next weekend so unless that changes as the week goes on it’ll be the following week before I get some wind therapy.

8961 - 8980 of 8993 Posts