Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

8981 - 9000 of 9046 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Well the OPP, Ontario Provincial Police and the ON gov are now saying they don't want motorcycles on the roads.... so wind therapy is on hold here i guess....I see their point...should there be a collision, highly likely with the level of insanity going on out there....people driving upset and not paying attention etc etc...so would require, fire, ambulance, coroner perhaps...etc etc...so they haven't made it a law they are suggesting to no go out for wind therapy rides for now.... crazy times my friends.... Stay Safe....

Rob

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I put stabil in the gas, filled the gas tank, tucked it into a corner of the garage, and covered it for its 6-month summer storage. Both it and I were sad. I could hear it whimpering as I walked away. I will see it again in October when I return. The good news is another 2012 XCT awaits me in N. Carolina and it (and I) will be excited to ride it in the twisty mountains. We are headed north this Wed.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Quoted on wrong post.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Well the OPP, Ontario Provincial Police and the ON gov are now saying they don't want motorcycles on the roads.... so wind therapy is on hold here i guess....I see their point...should there be a collision, highly likely with the level of insanity going on out there....people driving upset and not paying attention etc etc...so would require, fire, ambulance, coroner perhaps...etc etc...so they haven't made it a law they are suggesting to no go out for wind therapy rides for now.... crazy times my friends.... Stay Safe....

Rob
Yeah this is a crazy time. I like to go on lunch rides and then ride and visit friends. No place to go have lunch everything is closed down.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
  1. Like a lot of you with motorcycles, I'm thinking up things to do on mine during these weird times. Using the motorcyclist's favorite motto; Well enough should never be left alone, I commenced with The Horn Project.

Not liking the anemic single stock horn on my Spyder, I waned to install louder dual horns, that should be simple I thought. I'll remove the stock horn and place the new pair in its location. I thought wrong! The stock horn is deep in the Dark Hole of Calcutta past the right front wheel and extracting it was a challenge, necessitating getting the bike on the lift and operating from under it. Fortunately, I like challenges.

When I had that horn removed, I tried to see how I'd get the new pair into that space. No can do! I had to invent another location. You'd think something as large as the Spyder is, there'd be lots of places for a pair of horns. Nope!

Spyders have a front trunk we call the frunk and when its bin is lifted out, the battery and two fuse boxes can be accessed. Under the fuse boxes was just enough space to fit the horns, but it would be another challenge. Did I tell you I like challenges? Not only did the horns need to clear the bin, but there's the relay to consider as well. One should always energize more powerful horns through a relay.

The first task was to make the brackets that will support the horns. There were hours spent twisting and bending to get each horn snuggled into its recess. Luckily, there were holes in the bike on each side that could be used to fasten the brackets to the bike, once I tapped threads into them. That was the easiest part of the project.

Also easy, was locating the relay - whew! Once those three were in place, all that was left was the wiring. That was another challenge as space was extremely tight. Did I tell you....yeah, I did. I gave the horns a test beep and boy did they beep. I replaced the frunk bin, closed the lid and......well, I'm looking for other things to do on the Spyder and finding them. It's therapeutic to polish chrome, so I got me some therapy.
    [IMG alt="Click image for larger version.
    Name: HORN PROJECT 1.jpg Views: 0 Size: 60.9 KB ID: 180142"]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=180142&d=1586213671&thumb=1[/IMG]
    The Dark Hole Of Calcutta
    Name: HORN PROJECT 3.jpg Views: 0 Size: 45.9 KB ID: 180141"]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=180141&d=1586213610&thumb=1[/IMG]
    Loud horns
    Name: HORN PROJECT 8.jpg Views: 0 Size: 37.0 KB ID: 180143"]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=180143&d=1586213719&thumb=1[/IMG]
    Shaping the brackets
    Name: HORN PROJECT 5.jpg Views: 0 Size: 73.7 KB ID: 180144"]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=180144&d=1586213739&thumb=1[/IMG]
    Shaped bracket, one more to go
    Name: HORN PROJECT 11.jpg Views: 0 Size: 54.8 KB ID: 180139"]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=180139&d=1586061205&thumb=1[/IMG]
    Installed! Horn relay has the blue wires going to it.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Attached Thumbnails
    Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Send PM

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Navigation Spyder F3 - Sport & Cruiser Touring Go Top

Quick Reply
Quick Reply

• Show your signature

·
Registered
610 Posts
It was in dire need of exercise so I took it for a 3 1/2 hr. run. ?

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Utilize your sandwich skills.
It's not the same as going into a place to eat. Where you know people and they know you. That has all been taken away. Our routines will all have to change now. I don't like my routine to be changed. I need a damn hair cut, I look like a old fuzzy headed hippie.

·
Registered
274 Posts
. I need a damn hair cut, I look like a old fuzzy headed hippie.
I bought my own clippers several years ago and now every 2 weeks its a #2 clip all over the head and a #4 on my beard.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I’ve been out riding all over. Moderately light traffic and everyone seems to be paying attention, which is odd. Restaurants here can only sell “to go”, but alcohol is allowed, so you can almost quarantine bar hop. I usually just get a drink to cool off in the shade downtown before heading back out on the bike.

Got our tomatoes planted two weeks ago and already have a few small green ones on a couple plants. Don’t remember them starting this early before.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,567 Posts
Rode to work. 80 degrees and sunny when I left work. Can't complain. Back to 50's this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
I went riding yesterday afternoon. Stop by a friends house and shop and talked for a while. He has a motorcycle repair shop and sells used parts on the internet. Headed out riding after that and ended up at another friends motorcycle shop and drank a few beers. There was another Victory rider there, Mike. Mike was in the Marines, then became a cop and was the Chief of Police in the little town I live south of. Now he is a special education teacher. It was nice to get out and see a few friends. I only rode about 50 miles, but that was enough to get the oil good and hot and charge the battery good. There are a couple of good s curves on the roads I took and I took the scooter up to a hundred once for a few minutes. Just to blow it out some. Mid eighties, did get a couple of pretty good wind gust now and then.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Swapped out my Kicker speakers for these Hertz yesterday. Very happy with the sound improvement. Much louder and cleaner sound. I'm only powering them with the stock radio for now. Thinking about putting in a JL 2 channel amp at some point. I tried JL 5.25's first but they holes wouldn't line up without cutting. Didn't want to do that. Safe riding ya'll!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes it was, unplug the two connections with the two bulbs and plug them in to the new unit. The only thing I had to do was move the mounting bracket from the old headlight housing to the new headlight .
Do you have a link for the headlight?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It appears from the shipping note on the linked to page that this headlight may only be available in Canada and not in the USA. The shipping note is a bit unclear as it says, "May not ship to United States".

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought my own clippers several years ago and now every 2 weeks its a #2 clip all over the head and a #4 on my beard.
Those are the same numbers I run with,but every now and again have to fight the urge to go to #1 comb and go for 3 weeks. And I do live near an old hippie town.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I replaced the IAC tubing on my 2010 Cross Roads because I had a lot of exhaust popping from the exhaust at idle and while shifting, on my last ride.

I purchased the tubing from Witchdoctors and installed it yesterday.

I will have to take the bike for a long ride to get the engine hot to see if the replacement helps. If not, the throttle body adapter will be next and I am not looking forward to that job. I checked the adapter while I had things pulled apart and it looked good but we all know they look much worse when removed from the engine.

Just before I put the old tubing in the garbage, I decided to check each of the three tubes for leaks be placing on end in my mouth and my finger over the opposite end. I sucked on the each tube then sealed the end with my tongue to hold the vacuum. I did find that one of the tubes would not hold the vacuum so I hope that is a good sign.

The good news is that the engine fired right up after I put everything back together.

8981 - 9000 of 9046 Posts