Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9101 - 9120 of 9137 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
3 holes to mount the luggage rack instead of two. Not really sure what other differences they have but I know they changed something with the design of the legs too.
Thanks, I got a recall email for the HardBall, but had never put a rack on the backrest.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Made it to Maggie Valley yesterday eve. Left my sister's house in Missouri at 8am road through some pretty crazy storms though Kentucky and Tennessee. This was my first time riding the XC in rain. (I'm from So Cal). The bike handled great and I pulled into the hotel at 7pm.
Now it's time for pleasure riding in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Screenshot_20200621-221647.png

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Installed an air horn under the fairing, and put in a dedicated ground bar and a fuse block under there while I was at it. Somewhere in the process, though, I managed to kill my headlight, so today I'll be tracking that down :-/

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Jakvis, How long are you riding in the western NC area? I might be able to join you and show you some great roads in the area. I live about 25 miles SW of Asheville. Let me know. I will also PM you to make sure you see this.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Somewhere in the process, though, I managed to kill my headlight, so today I'll be tracking that down :-/
Looks like the headlight itself is dead. Getting power at both plugs off the wiring harness. Time to order another LED headlamp from Witchdoctor's...

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,663 Posts
Installed an air horn under the fairing, and put in a dedicated ground bar and a fuse block under there while I was at it.
I have thought about doing that but then I'd be running a lot of wiring into the fairing.
I need to do something about the mess I have connected to battery just not sure where I'll put a fuse panel.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I have thought about doing that but then I'd be running a lot of wiring into the fairing.
I need to do something about the mess I have connected to battery just not sure where I'll put a fuse panel.
I attached my new fuse panel to one of the threaded bolt holes in the left side of the fairing mount, and my terminal block for ground attachments in the other. I already had a fused (30 amp) line for power running to the fairing for the amp that the previous owner installed, as well as a direct line to the negative battery terminal, for the same purpose. Both of those are 8-gauge wire. I just disconnected both of those from the amp, plugged them into my new fuse block and the new ground terminal block, then ran lines from those to my new air horn. (I removed the aftermarket amp and all of its cabling while I was in there, because I never use the stereo in the bike, and I wanted to reclaim the room in the fairing)

I mounted the air horn to one of the holes on the mounting bracket of the stock amp, and the relay for it to the other. Everything worked out pretty nicely until I apparently blew the LEDs in the headlamp. I forgot to pull the fuses out of the new fuse panel while working on the wiring for the horn relay. Got a new LED headlamp on the way from Witchdoctor's, then I should be good to go.

I highly recommend Paul Pomerleau's videos on YouTube for both installing a set of fuse and ground terminals under the fairing, and for installing an air horn. I found both very instructive.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Jakvis, How long are you riding in the western NC area? I might be able to join you and show you some great roads in the area. I live about 25 miles SW of Asheville. Let me know. I will also PM you to make sure you see this.
I'm leaving Thursday morning. It looks like it's raining most of today and my old Navy buddies have a ride planned for Wednesday. I'm still planning my route home starting on Thursday.
We road the Rattler yesterday up to Hot Springs.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here's a few photos from yesterday's ride up the Rattler.
IMG_20200622_131248.jpg
IMG_20200622_130839.jpg
IMG_20200622_091808.jpg
IMG_20200622_111338.jpg
IMG_20200622_184123.jpg

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
We road the Rattler yesterday up to Hot Springs.
Spent a week in hot springs last summer. Nice little dot on the map surrounded by good roads to ride.
Just sucks being in a valley zero cell service.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
LED lights look to be same color as the HID to my eyes. Much brighter than expected I'm afraid to use full time cages would get pissed at me.

IMG_20200623_220726.jpg

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I just did those lights too. They are bright.
These are just show chrome highway lights.
Thought about the kind you cut the bars to install but you can't really aim those which I don't like.

·
13,235 Posts
I attached my new fuse panel to one of the threaded bolt holes in the left side of the fairing mount, and my terminal block for ground attachments in the other. I already had a fused (30 amp) line for power running to the fairing for the amp that the previous owner installed, as well as a direct line to the negative battery terminal, for the same purpose. Both of those are 8-gauge wire. I just disconnected both of those from the amp, plugged them into my new fuse block and the new ground terminal block, then ran lines from those to my new air horn. (I removed the aftermarket amp and all of its cabling while I was in there, because I never use the stereo in the bike, and I wanted to reclaim the room in the fairing)

I mounted the air horn to one of the holes on the mounting bracket of the stock amp, and the relay for it to the other. Everything worked out pretty nicely until I apparently blew the LEDs in the headlamp. I forgot to pull the fuses out of the new fuse panel while working on the wiring for the horn relay. Got a new LED headlamp on the way from Witchdoctor's, then I should be good to go.

I highly recommend Paul Pomerleau's videos on YouTube for both installing a set of fuse and ground terminals under the fairing, and for installing an air horn. I found both very instructive.

Guys Paul has the best videos there for helping us. I miss him

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Changed brake pads. Unfortunately, also ended up changing a front caliper as well, when the brake pad pin siezed and stripped irretrievably. I couldn't even get it out by JB-welding an allen key into the head of the pin.

By the way, does anyone know of a way to buy replacement front caliper pad pins? I searched high and low, and was not able to find a part number for the pin as a separate item. I'd love to have a few of these buggers onhand, because they strip out so damned easily. I'd rather have a set or two of them so I can just swap the pin at the first hint of the allen key starting to wobble in the head.

I found lots of pins for Triumph and Honda bikes, but none for Victory. These are Nissin calipers in a 2014 XC 8-ball, right? Anyone know which Nissin calipers they are? Maybe I can get some from them, or at least a set that's compatible.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Maybe check Vic werks. They have been selling calipers cheap which I'm sure have pins.

9101 - 9120 of 9137 Posts