·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
Okay didn't know it was on your list. Looks like a winner if it fits Indian then it should fit Victory.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
OK, here's my winner, I think: Brake Pads Front Semi-Metallic by Drag Specialties

Even if I try the pads, don't like them, and discard them, I'm getting replacements for a fair number of pieces of the pad hookup mechanism, too.

Still have yet to find the exact pin as a standalone item. Anywhere.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I think i found it as a yamaha part. 3P6-25924-00-00

They want $39 US for it, ffs.

Found a replacement part, from Hendler's in the UK: Brake Pad Pins - 701732H - Hendler Wholesale Ltd and they want £ 3.25, but appear to only sell wholesale, and not retail.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I might have to go to the local Kawasaki dealer and order the pin just because I'm curious now if it is the same.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Do you actually think I haven't included Internet searches in my searching? I have. Many of them. Note that I am NOT looking for used pins, or one-off single pins. I'm looking for a direct, reliable source of new pins, as singular items, with a part number.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
You probably said what happened to the originals, but what's wrong with the originals?
Had one strip out and get lodged irretrievably in the caliper when replacing the front pads a few weeks ago. I ended up having to replace the caliper because I couldn’t get the pin out, even after welding an Allen key into it. I drilled it out, but then judged the caliper as questionable, and decided I felt safer just replacing it.

Based on what I saw with the other pin, it looks like the previous owner had used power tools on the pins, overtorqued them, and didn’t use anti-seize in the threads. One pin was seized in the caliper (the one I ended up replacing), and the other was pretty damn close. Both of them were extremely loose around the allen key.

I got a replacement pin with the caliper I bought off of eBay that was in decent shape, but the other one is still scarily close to stripping. I want to replace them both with new pins, and am wanting to have a few on hand so that I can replace them at any pad change, if I inspect them and don't like what I see.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Had one strip out and get lodged irretrievably in the caliper when replacing the front pads a few weeks ago. I ended up having to replace the caliper because I couldn’t get the pin out, even after welding an Allen key into it. I drilled it out, but then judged the caliper as questionable, and decided I felt safer just replacing it.

Based on what I saw with the other pin, it looks like the previous owner had used power tools on the pins, overtorqued them, and didn’t use anti-seize in the threads. One pin was seized in the caliper (the one I ended up replacing), and the other was pretty damn close. Both of them were extremely loose around the allen key.

I got a replacement pin with the caliper I bought off of eBay that was in decent shape, but the other one is still scarily close to stripping. I want to replace them both with new pins, and am wanting to have a few on hand so that I can replace them at any pad change, if I inspect them and don't like what I see.
Get the pads that come with pins. Use the pads on you next brake job. The pins will be fine.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Get the pads that come with pins. Use the pads on you next brake job. The pins will be fine.
Yep, that's what I resorted to earlier this week. They haven't arrived yet, but will be going in as soon as they do. That will solve my immediate problem. I still want to find the pins themselves, though, so my quest continues :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Today was the brake line flush with new DOT 4. I used a vacuum brake bleeder from Harbor Freight, it really made the job easy.Brake bleeder

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Rode aimlessly for about 150 miles, spotted a good-looking place to have a nice quiet lunch, then took different route back home. About 350 miles, all told. Temps were 100F+ for most of it, but I took a camelbak pack, filled with ice, and that's always done me well to keep cool on hotter days, as well as let me flip up my helmet and have a nice, cool drink of water every now and again. Today was no different.

When I got home, I pulled the trigger on ordering that Corbin touring seat I've had my eye on for awhile :)

Reactions: NAB and IndyVictory

·
Registered
116 Posts
Changed the oil last Sunday and didn’t have a chance to take it for a ride. I like to go a couple hundred KMS and check for leaks. Did that today, everything was good. Work just gets in the way of riding. All I keep saying is only 10 more months to retirement. I think the bike shifts much quieter after a oil change. Finally received the shifter bushings this week, I ordered them in February.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Trying to figure out why my front tire is 20 psi low. My other bike never really dropped over summer. Looking for a screw or nail if that fails I'll get the soapy water tomorrow. Felt off riding home in the dark and just now getting time to look at it before riding to work in morning. Gonna check rear too maybe Vic leak more air than my Honda I dunno.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Trying to figure out why my front tire is 20 psi low. My other bike never really dropped over summer. Looking for a screw or nail if that fails I'll get the soapy water tomorrow. Felt off riding home in the dark and just now getting time to look at it before riding to work in morning. Gonna check rear too maybe Vic leak more air than my Honda I dunno.
Weird. Absent a leak, none of my Victory bikes have dropped more than 6-7 psi in a season. Unless it was really, really, unexpectedly cold.

Reactions: Strew3

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Weird. Absent a leak, none of my Victory bikes have dropped more than 6-7 psi in a season. Unless it was really, really, unexpectedly cold.
Exactly my experience with my last bike. I stopped bothering to check psi because it never really changed.

Good to know my senses are accurate and what felt like a low tire was exactly that. Rear a bit low too but not as bad.

I have been riding bumpy roads because the city won't fix the heaved concrete that creates 45MPH speed bumps so maybe that is a contributing factor.

I'll check air again end of week.

This was a good test of the little slime 12V pump I bought and never used until today. :)

Reactions: otab
9161 - 9180 of 9227 Posts