Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9181 - 9200 of 9227 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Temps were 100F+ for most of it, but I took a camelbak pack, filled with ice, and that's always done me well to keep cool on hotter days, as well as let me flip up my helmet and have a nice, cool drink of water every now and again. Today was no different.
I used a Camel Back on my 3 week trip. I had it strapped to the bag behind me and had the hose tucked into my chaps to keep it handy. When crossing the south west I would remind myself to take a drink about every 20-30 minutes. It worked great.

Reactions: otab

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I used a Camel Back on my 3 week trip. I had it strapped to the bag behind me and had the hose tucked into my chaps to keep it handy. When crossing the south west I would remind myself to take a drink about every 20-30 minutes. It worked great.
On really hot days, I fill mine with ice and wear it. Does wonders to cool me down, especially when I’ve got the mesh jacket on.

Reactions: Jakvis

·
Registered
293 Posts
On really hot days, I fill mine with ice and wear it. Does wonders to cool me down, especially when I’ve got the mesh jacket on.
I found that if i filled the bag and then really soaked the camel back fabric the the evaporative cooling from the fabric drying really cooled off the water and would last a few hours.

·
13,262 Posts
a cold towel around the neck really helps

Reactions: otab

·
Registered
257 Posts
Step 1. Deck it after sliding the front end out on a rutteded dirt track
Step 2. Take bag of cement out of trunk, take off trunk, roll back over so back wheel is back Ind ground, take off bottom saddlebag.
Step 3. Drag front end back from edge, grab handlebar, keep back straight, sink down a bit, straighten knees, as it comes up and more of its weight goes back on the wheels, complete lift with arms. Hour and a half start to finish, might have been quicker if not laughing so much at. MBXs texted commentary.

IMG_20200722_090850646.jpg

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
You need some saddlebag guards if you are going to keep rolling around in the dirt.

Hope you're okay and the bike is not scratched up too bad.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
257 Posts
You need some saddlebag guards if you are going to keep rolling around in the dirt.

Hope you're okay and the bike is not scratched up too bad.
Yeah, bag guards would be useful but ones I've seen for sale have all been more than I want to spend. One of the HBs original attractions, it's only rattlecan matte black, suits my riding perfectly. Touchup is easy, and if not perfect who cares?
I'm OK, was only doing 10 kph, 1st gear up a steep slope. After last time I make sure my toes don't stick out past floorboard edge.
Did have to pull both ABS sensors and blow out with compressed air to get ABS working again, it's useful around here.

·
Registered
801 Posts
glad you're ok to tell the tale, as it gets bigger and bigger LOL bikes can be fixed or bought, you can't!

Be safe,

Rob

Reactions: MaddogUSMC

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
OK, finally just bought the Drag Specialties brake pad kit that Witchdoctor's sells ( Drag Specialties Front Brake Pad Kit ) for $24.95 US. It comes with 2 pads, a pin, the o-ring for the pin, 2 pad shims, and a retaining clip.

I just put EBC sintered pads on the front about 1k miles ago, so I haven't tried these new pads, but I used everything else in the kits (had to order two). I put the pads into a sealed bag to try them the next time I need new pads.

One note of caution: the allen key for the pins on these is 3/16 inch, NOT the OEM 5mm. Other than that, they're identical to the OEM pins.

·
Registered
293 Posts
OK, finally just bought the Drag Specialties brake pad kit that Witchdoctor's sells ( Drag Specialties Front Brake Pad Kit ) for $24.95 US. It comes with 2 pads, a pin, the o-ring for the pin, 2 pad shims, and a retaining clip.

I just put EBC sintered pads on the front about 1k miles ago, so I haven't tried these new pads, but I used everything else in the kits (had to order two). I put the pads into a sealed bag to try them the next time I need new pads.

One note of caution: the allen key for the pins on these is 3/16 inch, NOT the OEM 5mm. Other than that, they're identical to the OEM pins.
Admins, you may want to sticky this in the Tech section. It's good info that others can use.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Finally got some time for some wind therapy this past Saturday.

Meeting my wife and kids (leaving tomorrow) at a friends place this weekend since I have to work until Friday sometime. Taking the bike for the weekend, yay!!

Reactions: otab and CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Started prepping it for the 1440 mile ride to Sturgis...starting on Saturday.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Rode to state park 1.5 hours from home. I used to go hiking every weekend but got away from it and this COVID-19 thing not helping. I like having access to a restroom so I can leave my water I drink behind. Trying to get back in shape I was overheating 90 and humid and drank the water I brought with me. Water fountains are off because of COVID-19. So headed for home and got a steak along way with plenty to drink.

They have one spot for motorcycle parking up close with the handicap parking right in the hot sun all day. Screw that I park under shade tree. Usually on weekend it's packed so I'm used to parking far out anyway.

IMG_20200729_162657.jpg

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Loaded up. Leave for Sturgis in the am.

Reactions: Dan050

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

I need to find that container you have on the rack. Looks like a perfect fit.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Still messing with tuning the bike. I keep having fuel light come on at 130 miles. I fill up till it clicks off I haven't been bothering to really top off. I put in 4.48 gallons at 150 miles. Can tell I'm running rich right now. Haha. A few more rounds of tuning and it will be very close to perfect. Having a hard time getting high RPM range hit. Guess I need to bounce that rev limiter a bit more.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I need to find that container you have on the rack. Looks like a perfect fit.

·
Registered
801 Posts

ride safe, be well and enjoy!

Rob

Reactions: theja1

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Flying seat off pontoon boat....
Today's random object I had to avoid hitting while riding.
Dude/woman was being a dick driver anyway so I don't feel bad for them.
Cut from on ramp across the lines through shoulder when your lane doesn't end for 4 miles, across two lanes into far left, cutting everyone off.
Seat went from left across all lanes to the right lane where I was riding to get off the next exit.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I'm going to ride and wash it.

9181 - 9200 of 9227 Posts