Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,850 Posts
Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Don't you blokes have to have a rear numberplate visible?
Don't turn me in. :)
I've had police behind me with no issues.
They got better things to do than harass a biker.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't turn me in. :)
I've had police behind me with no issues.
They got better things to do than harass a biker.
Over here we'd be busted straight up, cause the speed cameras and redlight cameras wouldn't work on us. Even too dusty a plate will get you done here, although in country areas you might just be stopped and asked to clean it.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Over here we'd be busted straight up, cause the speed cameras and redlight cameras wouldn't work on us. Even too dusty a plate will get you done here, although in country areas you might just be stopped and asked to clean it.
Some states of the US speed cameras are illegal. Red light cameras are around in a few though. Different laws and regulations.
I know there is a toll bridge from Indiana to Kentucky that uses cameras not sure how that would work.

I could have thrown tent on top my trunk as I've done in past if they made a fuss.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Some states of the US speed cameras are illegal. Red light cameras are around in a few though. Different laws and regulations.
I know there is a toll bridge from Indiana to Kentucky that uses cameras not sure how that would work.

I could have thrown tent on top my trunk as I've done in past if they made a fuss.
Over here they are starting to introduce overhead cameras to bust people using phones on their lap.
As someone who has been run off the road at speed by a driver coming at me with their head down looking at their lap, I look forward to those swine being busted. An old mate of mine designed the optics for the flash unit, pretty funny given his history of after midnight street drags for cash on a BSA Lightning in the 70s. The motor had new rings fitted every week, and new bottom end bearings every 2 weeks, a fast but fragile beast. And now he's gone to the Darkside, gets commission for every unit sold, but not for every bust.

I'm curious about how the handling is with weight that far behind the axle, but it can't be that bad, seen a couple of pics of those racks on here lately. Vic tourers are front heavy unloaded, designed to be loaded up

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
I have a Big D rack. We use to load it up pretty heavy with a full truck and bags as well as the rack on top of the trunk. She always handled it better than I did. I try not to these days.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
It's bulky not heavy.
That's under 20lb of bedding and tent.
I wouldn't want too much weight there but it's perfect for stuff that eats space.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
ONE MORE PART
My ex XR is coming together nicely after the go down its new owner had due to a lower fork axle support breaking. We need just one more item; the right side chrome bag guard. If you have one for sale, I'm buying. If you will only sell a pair, that's OK too. PM me and we'll talk about it.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Glad you found parts for them.

Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
606 Posts
ONE MORE PART
My ex XR is coming together nicely after the go down its new owner had due to a lower fork axle support breaking. We need just one more item; the right side chrome bag guard. If you have one for sale, I'm buying. If you will only sell a pair, that's OK too. PM me and we'll talk about it.
Hello Ric.

Being that I have the sister bike to the one you are repairing, could you please show us a picture of the part that failed. lower fork axle support breaking.

Thanks,

Richie

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
The forks were not the originals. I swapped them for all chrome ones - can not resist more bling. Not sure they were from a XR. There was a set screw in the casting that caused a stress riser.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The forks were not the originals. I swapped them for all chrome ones - can not resist more bling. Not sure they were from a XR. There was a set screw in the casting that caused a stress riser.
View attachment 252250
WOW! That is scary.

I checked a fork I have in my basement and it has a part number, at the yellow oval on your fork. I wonder if your fork is not an original.

Thanks for posting.

Richie

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
WOW! That is scary.

I checked a fork I have in my basement and it has a part number, at the yellow oval on your fork. I wonder if your fork is not an original.

Thanks for posting.

Richie

View attachment 252251
Not the original and I no longer have them. Look for the set screw.

9261 - 9280 of 9289 Posts