Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9341 - 9360 of 9382 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Put a new rear tyre on, Dunlop American Elite 180 65 16
I know it "doesn't fit". The wear had crept up on me, 11000 KMs, and I needed one that day. I was confident that it would, I ran a Michelin Commander Ii in that size briefly before removing it half worn because of it's lack of wet weather grip. Anyway, it gave me a look at the spoked wheel rim I had sealed up to run tubeless last year.
Hey @Motorbikerx this what it looks like in there. You could be right, it does look like Sikaflex.
The bloke who did it will only seal up rims that have the bead retaining lip required for tubeless tyres

Attachments

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
169 Posts
Seeing as the weather wasn't the greatest and I'm stuck in the house baking bread and waiting for a package to be delivered, I decided to change the oil out in the forks today, as the last time I changed it was last year (34,810 km ago)

Dusty

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,085 Posts
Looks simple enough. I should probably do that at some point. 27k on the bike now.
Any specialty tools required?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks simple enough. I should probably do that at some point. 27k on the bike now.
Any specialty tools required?
Nothing that wouldn’t be in your toolbox

Dusty

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have plans to change my fork oil this winter. Bike only has 20k miles but it is nearly 10 years old with the original fork oil so figured it should be done. I think I have seen one of your videos where you changed it out. Do you all think the seals should be replaced as well? Hate to mess with something that ain't broke.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have plans to change my fork oil this winter. Bike only has 20k miles but it is nearly 10 years old with the original fork oil so figured it should be done. I think I have seen one of your videos where you changed it out. Do you all think the seals should be replaced as well? Hate to mess with something that ain't broke.
Nope .... not unless they are leaking!!

Dusty

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I know a rider who has been riding 40+ years and he never changed fork oil on a bike before 50k. 🤷‍♂️

I might change it next year I'll be up to 30k then. Might try 10W to see if I like that any better. Victories do ride rougher than I'd like.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I had a Suzuki M50 before put over 20k miles on it (had 8k when I bought it) and changed the fork oil at about the 20k mile mark. I didn't think my ride had deteriorated until I got the fresh fork oil in there, rode like a different bike. Right now if I hold the front brake and give the front a good bounce it goes down, back up, and slightly down again before it settles out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Beautiful day today here (18*C) in SW Ontario, so I hitched up my cargo trailer I built many years ago ,to ride up to Platinum Powersports near Clinton, to claim a set of Dunlop tires I won in a contest the owner ran !

Dusty

·
Registered
981 Posts
Nice Dusty, was a gorgeous day here as well I got out for a couple hours of wind therapy as well....

Supposed to be a few very nice days in a row....gonna do an apple run on sunday...

Ride safe and Enjoy!

R

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Trailer is a good plan. I've seen bikes with tires strapped to the rear seat.

Reactions: Dusty Boots

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Rode to work. Rode home grumpy in the dark. 13 hour day was not the plan.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes Rob, I plan to be riding the next 4 days, or so.

Enjoy your ride and the weather!

Dusty

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks Dusty,

You as well...enjoy!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
During my 60000 km of darksiding, the local tyre shops knew me as that crazy old Bikie who would come into the shop, squeeze the sidewalls of all the 195. 55. R16s, then ride off with one around his waist.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Ya, I've been known to do that, picking up a fresh set of tires at one of my US shipping addresses on my way home from one of my longer tours!
This was a shipping addy in Sault Ste Marie, MI

8045307961_31f1fa6f2e_b.jpg

Dusty

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
I'm going to ride today, low 80's with 10 to 15 mph winds and blue skies. I also need to stop by a car wash and spray the dust off the scooter.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Riding today as well...its 50 F out there already with nothing but sunshine.....loving it

Ride safe all that are able

Rob

·
Registered
981 Posts
Was a good ride...didn't get back home til after 8 pm was still in the high 50s awesome...8)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Got out for 6 1/2 hrs / 324 km ride yesterday

Dusty

9341 - 9360 of 9382 Posts