Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9381 - 9400 of 9428 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
200 Miles Round Trip for a Breakfast Run with the Gator Riders .. Mixed Brand of Rides but usually at least 2 more Victory's in the Group although sometimes I'm the only one .. :)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Been working crazy long hours and on the road for the past 10 months so every chance I've had to clean the bike I chose to ride instead. Took half day off work today to wash and wax the ol' XR. Took bags and windshield off so I could get to everything. I think it is the first time I have actually washed the back rim in 5 years or more! Bad lighting in my garage but will hopefully get a pic outside over the holiday weekend.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Look forward to the followup pics!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Reactions: Frankman

·
Registered
Cross Roads Deluxe 2012 and Highball Flames 2014
15 Posts
Tore mine down and sent it to get painted today. Can't wait to see it cobalt blue!! View attachment 252581
Don't you want to paint the top of the crash bars and side covers of the oil cooler / battery compartment? I've forgot the side covers and had them painted afterwards. Maybe you like it too. ;)

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,394 Posts
I like that. Thought about it with my XCT but I think it looks better black.

Reactions: Frankman

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
36 here with light rain.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yeah, as someone else has suggested, also paint the oil cooler cover and sides (at least the sides) and some (maybe all since it is black not chrome) of the crash bar.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Plugged in the battery tender.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I decided to wash the bike off pretty thoroughly this morning, so I fetched my other motorcycle lift down from the loft, jacked the bike up and cleaned her off, including the wheels/rims. Was just getting ready to suck up the water with my shop vac when my neighbour came over to see what I was up to and we had a good chat catching up on our various projects.
I will finish detailing the bike later today and then cover her up for the winter after I get her down from the jacks.

Dusty

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,394 Posts
Shiny

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
310 Posts
32F on my ride into work today here in New Bern NC. It's a little chillier than when I was in SoCal.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Crazy cold here in central FL. I slept in today until 9:30 and it was 42°F when I awoke. Turned the house heat on for the first time this year.

9381 - 9400 of 9428 Posts