Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9401 - 9420 of 9428 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
We have have had to run the heater here several times. But there is still times we run the air conditioner.

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
310 Posts
Updated my Helmet

Reactions: NAB and IndyVictory

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had a bit of a storm roll through yesterday ....

IMG_2464  -  1.jpg

So today, after I cleaned up the aftermath of yesterday's storm, as well as blowing out two of my neighbours drives, I washed/cleaned the most neglected part of my bike as far as cleaning goes .... the rear rim/wheel!

Tomorrow, I will wipe the bike down again and polish everything before throwing on my Anti-Theft device on her ... my old Goldwing cover, to help keep her clean for the Big Sleep ahead.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
14,526 Posts
Took a ride to a local lake to take a few pics with my new Canon DSLR camera. It was surging at idle when I met up with the guys I rode with then later it was idling high.

I'm thinking it might be a combination of things because sometimes it would surge, other times idle normally, and then this high idle thing so I'm thinking loose battery terminals and possibly battery going bad and/or throttle body boot or dirty throttle body. Either way it's parked until I can troubleshoot and fix it.

Good thing I still have the Kingpin to romp around on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dusty Boots
OMG is that a car tire I see on the back of the bike? You know they grip good in the snow 😂😂

I'd be afraid I couldn't turn with it and then I'd crash n burn after the tire separated from the rim !!!! 😲

Dusty

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,392 Posts
My bike came with unicorns.
I don't have a passenger those are dang useful tie downs for my small cooler on the back seat. :)

I just need to do something about that chrome...

One thing to note they do make removing trunk slightly annoying with how the wiring can get caught up but I never remove my trunk.

·
Premium Member
14,526 Posts
I accidentally discovered something when swapping out batteries in my XC today. I had disconnected the battery a week ago or so but when I parked I plugged in my battery charger like I usually do since I usually don't know when I'll ride that bike again. Well, after putting the new battery in, I noticed I had plugged the charger into the power port on the fairing. I didn't think much about it until I checked the clock. The charger powered the clock for the entire week until I put a new battery in. I didn't know it would do that.

I thought I'd try something different this time. I've tried the OEM batteries (Yuasa) and they are okay, the cheaper battery didn't give me much warning, just died, so I found this Throttle X Battery on Amazon. It's made in America for Harley's (I forget which model) but it's the exact same size as our X-bike batteries and rated the same at 310 CCA.

I have a battery tester/checker and right out of the box it showed it had 550 CCA so color me impressed. Only time will tell if it lasts but I do like that it's American made and so far performs beyond expectations.

The bike was surging at idle then running a high (1500 rpm) idle at other times so knowing a failing battery can cause all kinds of weird stuff like that; I pulled the battery. It was failing for sure at only 200 CCA. It had plenty of voltage but weak amps. Took it for a short ride (not the nicest day weather wise) and it was better but still had a high idle at times. I'll do some checking with the throttle cables before I get too rambunctious with pulling the tank. No hurry. Time is on my side right now.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I have (so far) not had issues straying from Yuasa batteries. Generic AC Delco cheapo battery on Amazon for the VTX and locally purchased battery for the Vic.
Having said that the Vic battery was the original 2012 when I replaced it last year.
I doubt I'll ever see 7 years on any future batteries.

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The battery in my Harley is much better than the battery in my Vic. Nice to know there is one that is the same size.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
We took a couple hundred mile lunch run with area Indian Riders Group folks I meet a few weeks back. Thanks for the invite folks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I ordered a pair of Billet Aluminum tire valve stems for my XCT, as it's a pain checking/adding air to the tires because the brake rotors/drive pulley gets in the way.
I've used them before on other bikes and these are the last tire valve stems you'll need on that bike.

When I received my package last night, I noticed they were the wrong size (11.3mm vs 8.3mm which the Vic takes), so I contacted the seller via email and she got back to me in minutes, apologized profusely and asked if I wanted a refund, or the correct size sent out.

I received an email early this morning with the tracking # for the new set, which I think is great CS!

Here's a few shots of them

Dusty

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
310 Posts
I used a similar angled valve when I changed my tires last spring.
Checking pressure and adding air is a whole lot easier now!

Reactions: Dusty Boots

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Can buy the same thing off Amazon for half the price they charge on that site. Used them on my other bike that went to dad.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Any of the Bridgeport Gen 2 (which are machined in Italy) ones I saw on Amazon were very close to the same price.
Perhaps the ones you got were made in another country, like China?

Dusty

Reactions: Strew3

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Bridgeport brand is what I have. Looks like kurvy girl went down in pricing since last I checked.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I should really pick up a set of those for my XC to have on the ready for the next tire swap. Have to damn near lay on the ground to check/fill the rear tire. Darn bags and pulley. Lol

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
310 Posts
I should really pick up a set of those for my XC to have on the ready for the next tire swap. Have to damn near lay on the ground to check/fill the rear tire. Darn bags and pulley. Lol
Angled valves are a game changer!

Reactions: Strew3

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Went for a ride yesterday, cloudy, windy and 60 degrees. Got on the interstate and took the scooter up tp 110mph started getting a shimmy on front wheel. Backed down to 75mph and the wind was knocking me around and I was getting cool. After about 50 miles I decided to head back to the house. I did take the scooter back up to 105mph right before I got home and had to bypass the drive way and slower down. Turned around and pulled up to the Cantina. Opened it up and pulled the scooter in. The hot engine helps warm up the Cantina. I turned the stereo on got a beer and bellied up to the bar.🍻

9401 - 9420 of 9428 Posts