Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9421 - 9431 of 9431 Posts

·
Registered
Cross Roads Deluxe 2012 and Highball Flames 2014
15 Posts
Today I've changed the crash bars for more touring comfort. I like the new look too. See the difference here:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Broke my clutch cable for the third time. Bought a Barnett cable. Just need to be home long enough to install it. Weather has been warm, but wet.

Always got my Harley to ride...

If you don’t wake up smiling and happy, then at the end of the day go to bed smiling and happy...you are doing it wrong.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,399 Posts
How you break that many cables? 😮

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
How you break that many cables?
One about every 15k miles. Usually when the weather is colder.

If you don’t wake up smiling and happy, then at the end of the day go to bed smiling and happy...you are doing it wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
One about every 15k miles. Usually when the weather is colder.

What cable do you break, stock or Barnett ?

Where do they brake, same place or not ?

So you never replaced your clutch ?

If i am in the same gear for 10 minutes this is exceptional long, so you could say that there are no highway where I live .... Stock cable i took off when bike fairly new, sins then Barnett, every oil change i put vaseline on the clutch barrels hand and engine side after cleaning with CRC without resedue

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
What cable do you break, stock or Barnett ?

Where do they brake, same place or not ?

So you never replaced your clutch ?

If i am in the same gear for 10 minutes this is exceptional long, so you could say that there are no highway where I live .... Stock cable i took off when bike fairly new, sins then Barnett, every oil change i put vaseline on the clutch barrels hand and engine side after cleaning with CRC without resedue

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk
It has broken at the clutch lever every time. It’s the stock cable. I’m going to replace it with the Barnett.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
It has broken at the clutch lever every time. It’s the stock cable. I’m going to replace it with the Barnett.

You still need to lube the end barrels frequently.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,399 Posts
Got me thinking I should lube mine in the spring.
Still running stock cable but I also have a Barnett in the closet.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I work a lot of hours at my job so I ride when I can and that means in the rain more than I like. I grease my barrel end 2 to 3 times a year because of it. I also keep one of those emergency clutch cables in my tool kit.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I grease both ends every oil change 5-7000 kms 115000 kms on original cable. I to have a emergency kit in the bags.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Today I've changed the crash bars for more touring comfort. I like the new look too. See the difference here:
Nice scooter!

Reactions: Frankman
9421 - 9431 of 9431 Posts