Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9441 - 9460 of 9492 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
322 Posts
Next thing I want to get on is solving the high speed helmet buffeting on my CC. 60 mph+ it’s just irritating (I’m 5-9). I have an aftermarket windshield, don’t know brand; looks good but it's low (maybe 9”) and doesn’t help. I added cheap plastic lowers in the crash bars and they actually help a little, but not much. Looking at a) changing the W/S to an LRS 10 or 11” ($150) and/or b) the Witchdoctors lower wind deflectors that attach to the forks ($300). Would like to solve the issue without doing both if possible... Question to the group is which should I try first?
A LRS windshield and fork lowers solved my buffeting issue. Try a different helmet too before changing anything on the bike. Some helmets buffet more than others.

Reactions: ssmith221

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Next thing I want to get on is solving the high speed helmet buffeting on my CC. 60 mph+ it’s just irritating (I’m 5-9). I have an aftermarket windshield, don’t know brand; looks good but it's low (maybe 9”) and doesn’t help. I added cheap plastic lowers in the crash bars and they actually help a little, but not much. Looking at a) changing the W/S to an LRS 10 or 11” ($150) and/or b) the Witchdoctors lower wind deflectors that attach to the forks ($300). Would like to solve the issue without doing both if possible... Question to the group is which should I try first?
I've got a Klockwerks 11" shield, and the Witchdoctor's lower fork deflectors. The combo works well for me to combat buffeting. Of the two, I recommend the deflectors first, as I found the main cause of buffeting for me was actually air coming up over the gas tank, rather than air coming over the windshield.

I also had a V-Stream shield on it at one point, which also worked well. It started developing cracks at the mounting holes, so I figured I'd try the Klockwerks shield when I replaced it.

Reactions: ssmith221

·
Registered
242 Posts
Temperature got up to 45 on Saturday, climbed over pile of snow to get to shed and started the bike
ran it for 5 minutes, shut it off . Another 30 to 45 days until riding season starts up here.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I stared at it lovingly

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,640 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
I rode mine yesterday, it was a little chilly at 49 degrees F. Wasn't really dressed for the weather, but it was nice to ride a bit.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Replaced the tires, took it on a little ride to break the new set in a bit...

Reactions: NAB and CanuckRob

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
I am going to have it inspected today so I can reregister it for another year.

·
Registered
386 Posts
6°C ain't too bad, anything over zero C and I reckon I'm good to go. -5° socks.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
6°C ain't too bad, anything over zero C and I reckon I'm good to go. -5° socks.
6 C that's about 43 F not to bad. I keep a temperature conversion table in my favorites. So I can check it when ya'll post C temps.

Reactions: ObiSteve

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can only ride on the weekend because my shift is 10 to 6 for now. 10 to 6 screws the complete daylight this time of year. Only 2 more months of working, gave my notice for retirement. Last weekend we got snow and used the snowblower. So when we get a good day on the weekend you got to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Replaced the clutch cable with a Barnett cable. Soooo much better.

If you don’t wake up smiling and happy, then at the end of the day go to bed smiling and happy...you are doing it wrong.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I can only ride on the weekend because my shift is 10 to 6 for now. 10 to 6 screws the complete daylight this time of year. Only 2 more months of working, gave my notice for retirement. Last weekend we got snow and used the snowblower. So when we get a good day on the weekend you got to take advantage of it.

hey man congrats on the retirement notice, even in covid times retirement is good....i've been at it a few years now....8)

Stay safe and enjoy!

Rob

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Changed the oil, and took it out for a morning spin in the back country...

Reactions: NAB and CanuckRob

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Replaced the seat. Had to drill and tap for one of the bolts.

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
322 Posts
I finally got out for a short ride with some new friends. Of course I was the only Victory.

9441 - 9460 of 9492 Posts