Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9481 - 9492 of 9492 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,640 Posts
Anybody notice that the Pricing is trending upwards on Cross Country's and Visions?
It seems like they are selling for 1K to 2K more than they were in 2019.
Nope. I keep seeing posts like this every year. Still selling for less than in 2018 when I bought mine.
Good deal for many. Nothing wrong with that.
Selling price only matters if you walking away from it. Not gonna do that anytime soon.

Reactions: Strew3

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
removing the cowling and tank to do some semi-routine maintenance. When those are done I'll probably lift it to lubricate the rear suspension.

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
322 Posts
In 2018 at the Sturgis Rally I had never seen so many Victory's in my life. They were everywhere and the majority were Cross Country's. For me to own a Indian it would have to be real, real cheep or given to me. I would like to have a smaller lighter scooter. I may end up with a sportster again. My old 1984 Iron Head.
View attachment 253234
I like the Sporties, Probably one of the more reliable HD's

Reactions: ObiSteve and NAB

·
Registered
386 Posts
What did I do to the HardBall today? Nothing. It's been raining heavily for a week, and having retired 3 weeks ago, I don't have to ride to work in the rain.
After finishing moving house last week, the new shed is still too crowded to do any work in, might tackle that tomorrow.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Looked into my electrical issues. Only thing I know is the key fob system doesn't work anymore. Bike will run without fob in sight. Kinda scary. Trying to remember where I put my key ignition switch. It's packed in a drawer or in a box. Didn't expect to need it again.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Rode a short 50 miles to make sure I had the throttle cables right. Throttle had started hanging at times, so I adjusted them and it was very smooth today. And that Barrett clutch cable...damn...it’s so easy to pull and smooth. Should have done that the day I bought it.

Also finally hit 40K miles today, literally as I rolled in the garage. I need to ride more....such a nice day in the low 80’s.

If you don’t wake up smiling and happy, then at the end of the day go to bed smiling and happy...you are doing it wrong.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Started working on the front wheel.
Stripped down ready to get the tire off rim.
Got to buy another caliper bolt I made a bad bolt head worse but it came out.
Can't feel bearings turn but I'm ready to pass out get up for work in 5 hours. Ordered new bearings anyway. I'll feel them up again when I'm more awake.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Rode it 8) was 71 F here today was out there for a few hours

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
I went riding yesterday and it was a beautiful day. Mid 80's and at at time just barely a breeze, blue skies and sunshine. Stopped by a place and checked out some metal art to decorate the Cantina patio fence. There are 3 pieces I'll go back and buy. I'll have to clear coat it good. Made in Mexico, They only put a very light clear coat on their metal art. Then I got home and helped my wife on here patio.

Reactions: CanuckRob
9481 - 9492 of 9492 Posts