Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9501 - 9520 of 9550 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Finally got a day off work so put nearly 300 miles on the XR. Nice little ride on the "back of the dragon" on up to WV, dropped down into KY, back into VA, and then back home to TN. Going to do the same today but thinking about a day in NC.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I bought the HardBall a friend, to keep it company in the shed when the Harley is all sulky and pouty. 25000kms, in lovely condition. Rode it 220 kms home with a smile on my face all the way.
images.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,445 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,800 Posts
Good looking bike. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Quick search on cycle trader all the High Ball with that paint job have black rims with chrome spokes.

I do like the red it looks good with the flames.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thank fellas. That's what I thought Indy, the red rims are a satin finish too, matching the overall style. Haven't checked if its a K&N air filter yet, but from the original sale documents from 2014, the Cross Bow pipes were fitted by the Victory dealer. No mention of a reflash though. Still smilin!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Hopefully they flashed it if they changed air intake. I think k&n still makes filters for the steel frame models. Polaris stock filter I think cost same money.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hopefully they flashed it if they changed air intake. I think k&n still makes filters for the steel frame models. Polaris stock filter I think cost same money.
There is a K&N air filter in there, pulled it today. Think I'll email Polaris, give them the VIN and see if they have a record of the ECU being remapped. The fueling seems fine, no flat spots. Until I get an answer, I might disconnect the O2 sensors to push it back to the map. Tomorrow I'll set the rear suspension spring preload to give the necessary 118 mm ride height. Made up a slip fit gauge block by cutting a plastic drink bottle to that height so I can slide it under the frame rail while sitting on the seat. The 130 mm travel air adjustable suspension on the HardBall is way more comfortable and convenient, but I'm still loving it. Took it out tonight during the eclipse totality to see if I had the headlight aimed right and got it spot on for winding country 2 lane.

Reactions: Strew3

·
Premium Member
4,445 Posts
Today I will install a new battery, a YUASA battery that came on the scooter stock. I have had good luck with them lasting for years.

Reactions: cooper and Catnaper

·
Premium Member
4,445 Posts
I installed the new battery, checked the tire pressure and road for a while yesterday.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Got the witchdoctors skidplate installed

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
washed it

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I walked past it. Getting new rubber on the truck.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Rode it to get a haircut.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Thought about it, my backs been out for a couple daze

Reactions: ObiSteve

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Walked past it to get on and off of the Tiger.

Reactions: IndyVictory
9501 - 9520 of 9550 Posts