Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

9521 - 9540 of 9550 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,802 Posts
Parts pit stop is in Michigan if you go back to factory chrome plastic. $36 each for those things.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Victory Challenger black fork guards are super cheap $10-15. Just ignore that Indian logo or break out the sand paper and make it vanish.

I have something little more heavy duty I bought off Facebook.

IMG_20200531_181428.jpg

Reactions: ObiSteve and NAB

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
I just ordered a Victory oil change kit. I have been running Amsoil 20/40 with Mobil 1 filters for several years. I order the oil by the case. But Victory oil change kit was on Amazon Prime and everything I need is in the kit and it will be here Sunday. It just makes everything easy.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I thought everyone was trying to get away from Vic oil. They practically give away those oil change kits now. Still more expensive than buying separate oil and filter. I never change crush washers after my first oil change. I'm a rebel. Lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
I lost a fork protector last weekend so I made a quick pair out of stainless. Heading to Tennessee next week so needed something.

View attachment 253566
That looks like it will last for ever! I'm running Wide Glide forks gaiters, looks a bit strange down there on the USD forks, but work very well.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Amazon delivered my oil change kit yesterday, but it's been raining and to muddy to get the scooter to the barn. So it will be a few days before I change the oil. But I will go to the Cantina and listen to music and have several beers mid afternoon with my scooter. Most days it's just me and the XC out there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ordered some mirror extensions for my bike, three of us switch bikes and rode everyone else’s bike and everyone said my mirrors need to be higher. I agree I look at my shoulders. Both their bikes I could see them much better with their mirrors. Hopefully extending them up an inch and a half will do it. Anyone else have mirror extensions, show me what you use.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
You must be tall with low handlebars.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I’m 6 feet tall I could put the handlebars up a little higher but I couldn’t rotate the clutch enough to make it comfortable, I got 54,000 on it, I’m used to the mirrors but I thought I just raised them a hair to make it that much better.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Do what you gotta do to see. I do love the mirrors Victory uses. It's nice having the wide viewing angle.

Reactions: Strew3

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Why would the clutch perch not rotate more? If it has a tab that inserts into a hole in the handlebar, you can create a new handlebar hole or remove the tab.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes you could modify the pin to rotate it more, but I feel comfortable where the bars are now. They are within 1/8 of an inch from the inner fairing. Here in Canada we do a lot of cool weather riding and my hands are behind the fairing. So for under $20 on eBay I can raise the mirrors 1 inch. That would be enough. So it sounds like no here has raised them. I will post a pic from front and back when I get them.
Why would the clutch perch not rotate more? If it has a tab that inserts into a hole in the handlebar, you can create a new handlebar hole or remove the tab.

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Yesterday I changed the oil and went riding.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
rode about 6 hours yesterday, ordering a new battery this morning, when I shut the bike off to gas up, it grunted a couple times before it started up. At least 5 years on this battery about time to change, will order then head out for a ride another gorgeous day here 64 already this morning

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
well i was surprised when i took the old battery out, this lasted 5 plus years.... Made In China LOL

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
If it doesn't rain tonight tomorrow afternoon I need to wash my scooter. I want it to look good for Saturdays lunch run and ride. Today I'll lube cable ends, shifter and brake pedal wear points. I use a lithium chain lubricant that resist rain wash off.

9521 - 9540 of 9550 Posts