2,977 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well certainly not in this case! I replaced it with a Yuasa YTX20L-BS

·
Registered
256 Posts
No sir - 21” wheel and fender off a Magnum. Fender painted to match Havasu Red Pearl, sans flames. And 1.5” lowering link.
Dang. I want to go to a 21 but I don’t really want to mess around with changing the fender unless I can find a magnum takeoff. I’m told it can be done using a stock xc fender but supposedly doesn’t look right.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,977 Posts
Probably some spacers to lift it up is my guess. There are aftermarket fender options too but not sure how they hold up. Someone was selling full front end kit recently with forks fender and rim on FB.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I’ve heard spacers are needed and heard you don’t need anything. More research or just watch for a magnum fender to have repainted.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Dang. I want to go to a 21 but I don’t really want to mess around with changing the fender unless I can find a magnum takeoff. I’m told it can be done using a stock xc fender but supposedly doesn’t look right.
Maybe check the aspect ratio of the 21 tyre they use, calculate the overall diameter of wheel and tyre from that, get some stiff cardboard or a piece of 3 ply, cut out a circle of the right diameter, lift up the front end and pull the wheel, then put the cutout on the axle, see how it looks under the arc of the stock mudguard.
I'm running a skinny 21 on the front of my 30 yo Sportster, under an old Superglide mudguard for a 19. The curves of wheel and mudguard go together OK.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Replaced the headlight after my high beam suddenly died, then took it out for a nice 50ish-mile test ride in the hill country.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Took a short ride yesterday, this bike always amazes me. Coming off of a Farm to Market road on to a 4 lane divided highway. Traffic is pretty heavy, time the oncoming traffic rolling slow then nailed it. Shifting at 500 rpms. Zipped into the traffic perfectly at 90mph. The speed limit is 75mph and figured the cars were running around 80mph. I fall in love with this machine every time I ride it.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Over the last 10 days, I did some work to prepare for the TN Victory rally in Dover TN, next week. I replaced both tires with Metzlers for the first time. I put in a Penske shock a few years back as the original was leaking. At the same time, I replaced the suspension link with a lowering link set to the same length as the original as it was badly worn. Pulled the rear suspension to clean and grease all of the bushings and the rocker bearings. I inspected the wheel bearings. They are still like new after 156,000 miles. Did a few other random tweaks and she is ready for a test ride today.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I gave her a much needed bath, actually used a sponge and bucket and the hose. Usually the only water she sees is when it rains on me during rides. I prefer to use quick detail spray but there were way too many caked on bugs and dirt.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Does the white show the road grime, bugs, blood, etc. worse than other colors?

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,977 Posts
Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
256 Posts
Does the white show the road grime, bugs, blood, etc. worse than other colors?
Bugs when they are plastered everywhere yes but typically it looks pretty clean even when dirty.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
It is not my blood. It is from the pedestrians whose eyes are bleeding from the tremendous wind that results in my high speed pass.... or something like that :)

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
I road my scooter and got a hair cut then road for a while. Blew all the hair off me from the hair cut. Then stopped at a car wash and washed my scooter, went by a friends shop and he was closed. Then road home.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Changed my clutch cable on my xr today
For the last couple of weeks seemed like I was getting more play in my clutch lever
Finally got time to check it today and it was half frayed by the clutch lever changed it with the save ur ride cable

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Changed the oil, filter and bath

Reactions: IndyVictory
9541 - 9560 of 9561 Posts